Pekin duck unable to walk.

Fantastic! I would try the complex first. It has the same amount of niacin as just your plain niacin tablets as well as the other important b vitamins. Each bird you are concerned about should get a full capsule contents per day. Either straight (@onaharley can help you with administering pills) or in a treat. Give them the whole entire contents each day for a week and see how he does. If he starts walking, watch his legs closely. You will likely see his legs shaking as he tries to walk. This is because he doesn’t have the correct amount of muscles for his body size. And the complex should allow his body to properly build bone and muscle.

I have a 6 month old pekin, Edison, who seems to be unable to walk. He's been trying (and failing) to move around by flapping his wings. He doesn't have injuries on his legs/feet, and his legs are not broken- he still kicks me when I pick him up. He just can't seem to walk. What do I do?

P.s I should add that he's always been the weakest out of all of my ducks, and is never as active as them. When his siblings walk across the yard to play, he stays behind. Could he have some sort of defect?
Make sure you are giving them brewers Yeast with their food. Sometimes their legs can't support their weight. I had the same problem with one of my Pekins. After about 3 days she showed a great improvement.

Back
Top Bottom