Pekin Ducks and Rooster missing

Sorry for your loss! Chickens are hard to protect from predators (so are ducks!) If I were you I would keep them locked up like you said and make sure your pens are secure. It'll be back.
I'll keep everyone posted. 1st time ever was when we caught a skunk getting into our pen. Mother nature..and her vehicle took care of that problem, although it never hurt my babies. 2nd time a neighbors dog was caught in the act killed 3 of my babies FOR FUN! That issue has since been handled. I won't let this present one attacker get away.

So sorry for your loss. My guess would be a fox. I don't free range anymore due to losses from predators in the past. It's a risk to free range. I have nice large pens for my birds. If you have a camera I would suggest putting it up. At least then you will know what you're dealing with. I love my cameras. Most likely the predator has been lurking looking for opportunities and apparently found them and will keep coming back (lurking) and you will probably not see it. This is the time of year when the kits are now starting to hunt on their own. Good luck...

I see this one most nights on a camera. I think this is one of the kits. I take videos that I convert into images. I have several videos I haven't converted yet.
IMAG0001819 07.jpg

I work nights shift. I just woke up to let my dogs out!!!! Gotem! Boy if I could shoot a gun!!!! It's days are number. Sorry if that offends anyone,but my chickens are my babies. I have 3 barn kitties k was fixing to set loose but not anymore!
20210826_141507.jpg
20210826_141507.jpg

Back
Top Bottom