Pekin hatching problem

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Sarkchick, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Sarkchick

Sarkchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2015
    SE Arkansas
    It is chirping and trying to move. Not really struggling but short burst of wiggle.

2. caesargirl

caesargirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2015
    Unity, Maine
    Now that's awesome news!!

Any chance you have electrolytes on hand for after? And if it has exposed yolk, have yo dealt with that before?

3. CyndiD

CyndiD Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2015
    Northern Idaho
    YA!!! he's hatching and fighting for life... ya, keep a close eye on him/her. dont let her go... this is exciting. I pray there are no problems with your little miracle.
    Yes, there are TONS of wonderful duck people and chicken people on this site, including sally. I realize we all have our own experiences, talents and gifts. I do not have any Ill feelings or hold any grudges. that is not the kind of person I am. I totally understand we cant do it all.

4. Sarkchick

Oct 8, 2015
    SE Arkansas
    Yes. I have electrolytes and probiotics. No, I have not delt with exposed yolk.

5. CyndiD

CyndiD Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2015
    Northern Idaho
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    They are all doing very well....

6. caesargirl

May 13, 2015
    Unity, Maine
    Ok, we'll cross that bridge if we come to it...

If you need anything, I'll check back in a half hour. The house cleaning fairy forgot to do the dishe so I guess I have to...

Those lings are GREAT!!![​IMG]

7. Sarkchick

Oct 8, 2015
    SE Arkansas
    CyndiD, those are cute duckies. They are so much fun to watch. BUT such messy babies.

8. Sarkchick

Oct 8, 2015
    SE Arkansas
    No progress overnight. Still chirping and wiggling. I never did get head free. Was unsure if I should remove him completely from shell. Since so much shell was gone from bottom. Went back and retread hatching 101. It said not to remove membrane if yolk sac is still there. So, I chickened out.
    But, since he can not do it - I guess I will try to get the head out. He really is tight in the shell that is left.
    Thank you again for all your help. And WVduckchick also. Think I am going to pick up some niacin today.

9. caesargirl

May 13, 2015
    Unity, Maine
    Break off more around the hole where the head is. I have a feeling that the umbilical is attached to the membrane still, so no tugging.

10. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    Soooo cute!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by