Pekin? White Layer? White Campbell?

ZeroGShorts

Chirping
Jan 30, 2018
My brother rescued our beloved Bobby last year; she was likely another Easter duckling people tend to release into the wild. A year later neither of us can still decide what the heck she is. Seems too small for a Pekin, too skinny for an Aylesbury, and I don't know enough about Campbell ducks to say anything. I'm wanting to say she's a White Layer, but there's probably more white duck breeds that I don't know about, so I'd like some opinions from people much more experienced at this than we are, haha :p

Can provide more pictures if needed. Thanks y'all! :)

Bobby2.jpg Bobby.jpg

I'm not even sure to be honest, and I'm starting to doubt she's actually laying at all. That's given she and her Welsh Harlequin friend are our only ducks over a year old, but we only get 2 eggs a day at max.

This video is the best view I have of her. See if that helps :)

Last edited:
If she was a white layer or Campbell, she would be faithfully laying eggs everyday. Provided she isn’t old. I don’t know much about aylesbury ducks, but my Pekins have a lot of size variation in them.

I will second this - the first year of laying, I would consistently get 8 eggs from 8 ducks almost every day. Now, in their second year, they are a lot more sporadic.

Extra video showing her quack, which is definitely different from the other ducks.

Pardon my insistence on identifying her, she's just so different from any breed I've studied on and I'm so curious now haha :p

She looks like a White Layer to me, did she ever start laying eggs? She doesn't look big enough/stocky for a Pekin or Aylesbury (and Aylesbury's are pretty rare), so either a white Khaki Campbell or White layer. Could be an older bird or maybe just needed to get some better nutrition before she started laying again.

Back
Top Bottom