Pekin with bumble foot

It's been snowing off and on the past few days and I have yet to get a tub ready for Angelina's feet as well as I need to make sure the epsom salt I got just for her and Angel last year is okay to use still. (It was as hard as a brick last time I wanted to use it or see if it was usable for them).

I am thinking of keeping her in the chicken wire cage thing during the day while she is being treated for her bumble foot.

Here are the photos of them in the playpen and chicken wire cage.
Playpen with no one in it.
View attachment 3115528View attachment 3115532
The chicken wire cage, with the dirty Angelina in it.View attachment 3115531
Angelina in the playpen.View attachment 3115534
Angel in the playpen.
View attachment 3115541
Angel and Chiharu in the playpen.View attachment 3115542
So would the playpen be better or would the chicken wire cage be better and for what times would the playpen be okay for Angelina to be kept in. The chicken wire cage is not predator proof so I can't keep anyone in it at night.
Which one does she seem more comfortable in?

She seems to be more comfy with the chicken wire thing, I also just was thinking about how the water and even food when needed for her would be put In the playpen during the day I don't think the playpen will work very well anyways.

Angelina did lots of foraging today, walked lots.​

You might get one of those small pet carrier . They are deep and can hold about 1" deep of water. It worked well for my duck and didn't stress her as much.
A carrier like this one?
The spot for the door on it is I think is to low to hold 1" of water.
20220323_090713.jpg

@BelovedBirds What size should work for Angelina?
And has anyone used these before?https://www.walmart.com/ip/Visland-...Goose-Open-Toe-Shoes-Neoprene-L-M-S/771992935

I still have yet to start soaking Angelina's feet and I am really wanting to start now that I've found the boots in the link above, if they are actually good though.
And I think I will get a pen setup for Angelina and Duck to be in while treating their bumblefoot. I'll feel bad for having them in a fenced in area during the day but if that's what is needed to be done then that's what'll be done (if I need to put them in a fenced area that's clean and dry).

@BelovedBirds What size should work for Angelina?
And has anyone used these before?https://www.walmart.com/ip/Visland-...Goose-Open-Toe-Shoes-Neoprene-L-M-S/771992935

I still have yet to start soaking Angelina's feet and I am really wanting to start now that I've found the boots in the link above, if they are actually good though.
And I think I will get a pen setup for Angelina and Duck to be in while treating their bumblefoot. I'll feel bad for having them in a fenced in area during the day but if that's what is needed to be done then that's what'll be done (if I need to put them in a fenced area that's clean and dry).
It's funny because I just found some bumble shoes to buy too! They're coming today or tomorrow so that'll be interesting. My girl's small bumbles havent gone away after makeshift treatment (bandages and homemade wraps that fall off after a few hours).

I would guess the large size is best for Angelina, but you'll want to measure her foot and check to be sure.
I ordered the large for my Sprightly, I measured her feet and was surprised that I needed the biggest size, I still think they'll look a little big on her, but better a tad too large than much too small!

And what should I use to tree at her bumblefoot with? I just want to make sure I know of all the options and what usually works best. Should I just do epsom salts?
Personally for my girl, I'm doing epsom salts soaks, then spraying her feet with Vetericyn and then applying drawing salve (Ichthamal 20). But there are better things to put on depending how severe the bumble is. I'll be looking to start treating it with better stuff as well since these arent going away.
@Miss Lydia

Back
Top Bottom