Pekin with bumblefoot

Pine tar is sold in almost all feed stores. It's a natural drawing salve and also antibiotic that's been used by farmers on livestock wounds for 2000 years.

It's ugly, messy stuff, but what you do is, after soaking the foot and scraping off the scab (I use my thumbnail) and lifting out any kernel, paste the foot up with the pine tar and let it harden. Once hardened, you leave it on the foot until it wears off. No further treatment or bandaging is necessary.

Okay, I'll do some long soaks to really soften it more and then try again. Does anyone know if lavender or eucalyptus "scented" epsom salts are okay to use for soaking (obviously would not her her drink from it). We're running low on epsom salt now after all these soaks, and that's the only kind we've seen readily available. Will look for pine tar, too.

Pine tar is sold in almost all feed stores. It's a natural drawing salve and also antibiotic that's been used by farmers on livestock wounds for 2000 years.

It's ugly, messy stuff, but what you do is, after soaking the foot and scraping off the scab (I use my thumbnail) and lifting out any kernel, paste the foot up with the pine tar and let it harden. Once hardened, you leave it on the foot until it wears off. No further treatment or bandaging is necessary.
Would something like this be ideal?
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...MI6ezu_v6q6QIVNPC1Ch1HqAJNEAQYASABEgKLdPD_BwE

Back
Top Bottom