No need to apologize, I know how it can be sometimes.

Don't worry too much about the difference in stool, there are several factors that can dictate why each bird is producing different looking stools ranging from age, to how much they're eating, how much one's drinking, if they're laying, so many factors to consider.

You are right about the forage sediment, these are meat birds, and the way they were raised when young likely didn't teach them any survival skills, they're also too heavy to properly fly away from predators, so to make it short, I highly doubt they would have survived much longer if you didn't bring them in.

I don't think so either, I've seen much worse birds then this, and they recovered fine, just took a little TLC and time.

Still searching for help for them. I’m staying with my parents at the moment and my mother is trying so hard to get me to put them back by the lake, I won’t. But there is definitely a lot of stress and tension with this situation. Not to mention, my cat just brought me a baby squirrel. Again, cannot make this stuff up.

Still searching for help for them. I’m staying with my parents at the moment and my mother is trying so hard to get me to put them back by the lake, I won’t. But there is definitely a lot of stress and tension with this situation. Not to mention, my cat just brought me a baby squirrel. Again, cannot make this stuff up.
I have also gone down the list of persons to call and I’m not getting anyone. My call has even been forwarded by a few. This is getting very disheartening.

How is everybody today? Have you reached out on BYC to see if there's anyone in your area that might take the birds? There is a place here to rehome free birds, and some kind-hearted person might want to nurse them back to health and keep them.
UPDATE!!! I found the only person on the wildlife registry who takes in birds. He is a very kind man with tons of different birds. It did seem like he had his hands full a bit, so I hope I made the right call..but I was running out of options for them. I would have much preferred a beautiful duck only sanctuary, but it was clear that just wasn’t happening. I am missing them bad today, but to keep them with me would have been selfish. Thank you all so much for the love advice and support. I truly have never been a part of an online community so unselfishly invested in the wellbeing of critters. Not only did ya’ll help them, ya’ll helped me. I’m about to call and check in on them so stay tuned for a morning update.
sending love to you guys this morning!

e I made the right call..but I was running out of options for them. I would have much preferred a beautiful duck only sanctuary, but it was clear that just wasn’t happening. I am missing them bad today, but to keep them with me would have been selfish. Thank you all so much for the love advice and support. I truly have never been a part of an online community so unselfishly invested in the wellbeing of critters. Not only did ya’ll help them, ya’ll helped me. I’m about to call and check in on them so stay tuned for a

So glad to hear you found them a home, thanks for the update!

Yay! I'm happy for them and for you! I love it when the universe works the way we think it should. The fellow who takes in birds will have knowledge to take care of them, and who knows? Maybe they will make new non-duck friends? Good job!!!

Back
Top Bottom