Pekins?

So I just noticed that the pekin had an irritated area.i believe it's the preening gland. I cleaned it up and put the blue kote on it. Should I let him swim? Will he still be able or even want to preen himself/herself with that on there? I don't want the poor thing getting water logged.

Please post a pic a lot of us think something is wrong with the oil gland when it isn't.

It's now the base and the wing

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Looks like someone is nibbling on her?

Not sure what I am looking at under the purple.

Who all do you have together in your brooder?

The last picture? It's irritated for sure. She is with 2 khakis during the day(this is when this happened) and at night they all sleep in the brooder(4 chickens and 3 ducks). Right now I put her with the chicks(they are nicer then the ducks right now). For some reason she really likes the chicks and vice versa.

I absolutely love this girl. She is a sweetheart and I have to make sure dhd is ok.

This is when they were smaller. These two are really close

image.jpg

So the ducklings are picking on her? Okay you have to be careful with chicks if they spot a wound or redness around a wound they will pick it bloody even chicks so you might want to do blue kote on her wing too where the skin is showing. That's a precious picture.

Back
Top Bottom