Pen and mixing with chickens

Before I got turkeys I worried about blackhead but our ag rep and some poultry experts here said it isn't prevalent in my area so I was good to go. I keep an eye out but so far so good.

Before I got turkeys I worried about blackhead but our ag rep and some poultry experts here said it isn't prevalent in my area so I was good to go. I keep an eye out but so far so good.
I spoke with one of the state pathologists and he said that it's not very common in CA, yet I have had four die from it. Go figure...

I raise turkeys, and was told about blackhead being a problem. Keep metronidazole on hand, once a bird shows symptoms treat and they will recover, just a matter or watching closely, and manage their stress.

I raise turkeys, and was told about blackhead being a problem. Keep metronidazole on hand, once a bird shows symptoms treat and they will recover, just a matter or watching closely, and manage their stress.

I have tons of metronidazole here. I keep both the 50mg/ml liquid suspension for the smaller birds and the 250mg tablets for the larger ones. I weigh my babies at least every five days and can tell if they look a little off. I also have tons of fenbendazole liquid wormer that I use.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom