Penfield Farm

HedyJ

Hatching
Jan 13, 2016
We live on a farm in central Connecticut that has been in the family for 300 years. We have 400 free range chickens and sell our eggs locally, 125 Guinea fowl, several pairs of silver pheasants and 18 golden pheasants. We raise all of the meat that we eat and some vegetable in the summer as well as all the hay we use. Our meat which we sell at our farm stand consists of Black Angus beef, Berkshire Pork, spring registered oxford lamb, duck and roasting chicken. We recently began raising Emu and have successfully hatched some eggs. Yesterday we picked up 19 emu to grow out for meat, oil and feathers.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Wow, you sure have your hands full!! Well you have come to the right place to share your experiences, meet others with common interests and just have fun!

Make yourself at home here and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Welcome to our flock! :)

Hello and :welcome
We are glad you joined us!
I'm sure you will find this site very informative about chickens and other poultry. We hope you like BYC as much as we do! ;)
CherriesBrood~

Wow, I couldn't even count 400 chickens. Welcome to Backyard chickens - maybe we should come to you for advice. I am very impressed with your operation.

Back
Top Bottom