Penguin seems sick

Pics
DE will work for somethings, but nothing poultry related. I have used it to move any infestations to another location. It can also be useful on fruit or vegetables, but it has to be food grade. It won't completely stop things. It usually sends a pest somewhere else for a short period, which is useful if you are going to harvest soon. And it has to be in the air. Once it is on the ground, it doesn't do again.

Yeah my spraydown with permethrin earlier seemed to get rid of most of them, i still see a couple so I'll carefully go over all my ducks tomorrow with it. I did notice something else unusual on penguin while looking her over. In each of her nostrils there is a small black thing I can't tell if it is the fleas or something else, but it is in the same spot on both sides of her nostril, and I checked her sister puffin for comparison but Puffin does not have whatever this is. I got a picture but it's very small so probably hard to tell from my pic. Definitely seems unusual.

Attachments

• 20220812_220124.jpg
    20220812_220124.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 1
Yeah my spraydown with permethrin earlier seemed to get rid of most of them, i still see a couple so I'll carefully go over all my ducks tomorrow with it. I did notice something else unusual on penguin while looking her over. In each of her nostrils there is a small black thing I can't tell if it is the fleas or something else, but it is in the same spot on both sides of her nostril, and I checked her sister puffin for comparison but Puffin does not have whatever this is. I got a picture but it's very small so probably hard to tell from my pic. Definitely seems unusual.
This maybe nothing I’d just watch. Don’t think I’d try pulling it out. Maybe @casportpony can rec? make sure the spray gets down to their skin. @casportpony would Ivermectin work on fleas?
Did you take out all bedding and be sure to dispose of it away from your home. Then spray down the inside of their coop and replace the bedding

Back
Top Bottom