Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

2. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

Those are adorable!!! What color will the lighter ones end up being? SOooooo cute! [​IMG]

3. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    I am hoping they will look like their mama who is calico

4. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

I am very uneducated about these things, but have also heard the same thing. I'm sure it's not exclusive to all shows, but could someone enlighten us about this. I wonder what the point is to having the prize winning, ribbon winning chicken, if it's going to be killed? I would think I'd want to breed it if it were a prize winner, or show it off at the very least? I am not trying to offend anyone, I just really would like to understand the pros to this?

5. fisherlady

Thanks... we may end up with another one or two silkies (later in year or next year) for broodies, depending on how our current group do. I'll check into that color, so adorable as babies!

6. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    Instead of going back to bed (I tried, but my brain kept running its mouth) I cleaned the kitchen.

[​IMG]Do I even want to know how old this stuff is? Anyone remember when they stopped making this can? I thought it was the 80's.

[​IMG] Anyone else build butter tub sculptures? You know? When you pull all the tubs out, and try to find the lids? This is why I need children. THEY can do this stupid stuff!

7. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Let me know! I can hook you up!

That is the first time I have heard that! I certainly would never show in a show like that!

8. fisherlady

Hey, you have the same set of cereal bowls that I do!! [​IMG]

And BTW... I had to put my foot down and tell the SO that he was no longer allowed to save yogurt cups even if they did have lids! or butter tubs! I hate cupboard avalanches!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  9. fisherlady

Thanks! I will do that! Maybe if Gracie goes broody again later in the year, I have to admit it would be cute to see her with a bunch of mini me's running around!

10. fisherlady

OK... the extended lunch break is officially over... have to head back outside, we have a cord of firewood to split and a coop to clean before dark.
    I just have to remind myself... cheap heat pays for cheeps!! LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by