Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, I drove by the grocery store earlier and it certainly looked like people were preparing for the storm of the century. I'm not one for being out done, soo...[​IMG]

2. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

Us too Blarney.... a couple inches of powdery stuff here.... but nothing to get excited about.

Guess we were luckier than some other areas. I believe the folks in the NW got pounded with Lake effect snow the last couple of days to. Where we are we managed to miss most of both systems.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  3. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Welcome back! Would love to put you on the map...since it's your fault we have this addiction here!

4. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Welcome aboard!

5. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    Will try [​IMG] If I can figure out how to [​IMG]

6. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

Just give Missy your zip code, she can add you

7. oletymer

oletymer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2012
    oh ok

8. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Funny. I really thought there was a monster storm coming, We don't get much news, I dropped our cable service a few years ago, so storms tend to sneak up on us. I heard about Sandy while taking my mother to the hair dresser.
    Dick Horstman is also the Director for District 2 of the APA. Our district covers DE, MD, NJ, NY and PA. I've not met him myself, or seen his birds.

9. Blarneyeggs

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    I feel like it's time for a pic. This is my youngest with her goat and one of her Orps. She actually sings to the birds. A lot.

[​IMG]

Weighing in the Blue Orp Cockerel.

[​IMG]

10. Blarneyeggs

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Am I really still the only one up? Well, me and the hunters. Saw them drive in a bit ago, REALLY wish they'd tell me they are coming. Sometimes I don't know they're there until we are practically UNDER their deer stands. Won't be long before our Bella pup lets me know ahead of time. My Dane, old as she is, hears them, and barks barks BARKS. I can't let her out when they're here. Okay, going to brave the cold and get as much of our 'perimeter walk' in, without walking under any stands.

Have a great day all, and STAY WARM.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by