Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

dblea... SilkieSensation has the rainbow mix still for sale I think There is another fellow over your way someone on here just mentioned the other day that sells eggs I think... I'll try to get the info on him unless Sally or Mama remember who it was??
    Is there a breed in particular that you are interested in? I know you were trying for Marans this last try with the incubator... (I'm still hoping you get a last minute miracle for those eggs!!!)
  2. galgo98

galgo98 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Lebanon, Pennsylvania
    Here is a link for info on a dislocated hip in a dog written by a veterinarian... it could be helpful as far as the time frames. I applaud what you are doing! (But then, I have a yellow-bellied sap sucker in a plastic bin in the dining room that I found on Sat. with a broken wing. I was told it would be dead by morning... I didn't listen either, and it's going strong!)
  3. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

Found the reference, it's about 40 pages back now! LOL... this thread moves right along!

that should be in your neck of the woods if you decide to go with a breeder.
    Lots of folks on here have eggs also though, just give a list of breeds you are interested in and see if you can get them
    from here first.
    We got ours from Meyer's hatchery for Gracie, but that was only because at the time they had the right breeds and we were able to get 4 of each, which is all we wanted. Meyers is in Ohio, so not too far either.
  4. oletymer

oletymer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2012
    Where are you located, would you sell 2 hens[​IMG]
  5. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Thank you! Looks like I'll have to figure something out for mobility. Two weeks might be too much for her and the boyfriend. I'm going to let it go for three days, to make sure she's eating and still fighting hard. If she'll fight, I'll do what I can, but if she doesn't eat, I just don't know.
  6. oletymer

oletymer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2012
    Hi dblea202, im in washington co. what kind or breed are u lookin for?[​IMG]
  7. dblea202

dblea202 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2012
    We are looking for brown egg layers possibly...what breeds do you have???
  8. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    I am going to be putting the Marans eggs in lockdown on the 02/01 so please send positive hatching vibes my way!!! This is my 3rd attempt at hatching them, but the first time using the new bator. We shall see. I can't really see in them, so dark. I found a way to know if they are alive or not. I got out my stethoscope! I can hear heartbeats!!!

OMGoodness, poor turkey! I hope she hangs in there, try to give her oatmeal with some honey, or brown sugar in it. Yogurt too, mine love strawberries mixed in it.

I am going to try and make up my breeding pens this weekend. I have a beautiful black cockerel Ameraucana that I can't bear for anyone to eat! I kept a brother also, so I keep going back and forth between which one stays, and which one goes.

Have a good night everyone!!!
  9. LittleMissPurdy

LittleMissPurdy Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]..Good-positive vibes>>>>> have a good nite too!
  10. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Good luck Heather!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by