Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

LOL! You do sound like me! If I only have a month's worth of something, I start getting worried. I like the weird looks you get when you buy 40lbs of something. Like, well, why WOULDN'T you buy that much, if you had the money and it was a good sale?! We had to buy a new freezer, but hey, it's worth it. It's like going to the grocery store everytime you look through your pantry or freezer, LOL. Okay, well, maybe it's not as organized as a grocery store, but still!
I really dont care what anyone thinks when I buy out the store....Maybe your just having a party..
celebrate.gif

I really dont care what anyone thinks when I buy out the store....Maybe your just having a party..
celebrate.gif

Lol, right?! Even G appreciates the bulk purchases and raising some of our own foods. There are certain sections of the store he used to frequent, but hasn't been in for months, like the eggs and soap section. He would appreciate the shampoo too, if he had hair. If our garden had done better, we'd skip even more. As it is now, he only buys pre-pressed burgers because he's not as fond of the lamb. Not entirely sure what's wrong with his taste buds, but yanno, gotta love him anyways, LOL.

Eventually, after we move and have the space and can afford to do so, I plan to have yet another freezer and go in with my brother or someone to get half cows and a pig as well as a lamb each year and venison (if we're lucky). Probably wishful thinking, but hey, I'd LOVE to not buy from the grocery store ever again.

Last edited:
I'm with you, Betta. People look at Me strange when I tell them I'm running out of food. Running out means I don't have enough to feed several people fora month or two, LOL.
And I live alone.
Love those stock up sales!
well you are close enough that I can take care of the overstock for you.....I might be little, but I can eat the same as a 300 pd man....

Last edited:
Unfortunately that weekend I'll be in NJ for the testimonial dinner for my mom....

I do have some questions on that form though...I know what btm (bantam) and LF (large fowl) oh wait...think I answered my question as I typed, I assume WF is water fowl??

Then cock, hen, cocKrel, Pullet, What are Ytrio and Otrio?

Ytrio= young trio, Otrio= old trio. Actually, I don't know what they stand for, I just made that up.

My turn, Testimonial Dinner?

I hope so!  I just got to figure out who when, all the logistics.  I of course will be a mess until its over.  It will be my first official show.

Woo hoo! I'm so glad you're going! I wish Galgo would come and bring her runner ducks. They are having some cool presentation where they put them all together or something, I am NOT missing that!

Bread, milk, eggs and toilet paper! I had to run out today to make sure I had food for the weekend. Not getting trapped in the house with 2 hungry teenage boys ;)

What? No wine?

I gotta pick up the dog....ummmm...presents? that they leave me in the yard so the kids don't sled through it. But it's cold n rainy out there, n it's warm n cozy in here...

Woo hoo! I'm so glad you're going! I wish Galgo would come and bring her runner ducks. They are having some cool presentation where they put them all together or something, I am NOT missing that!

thumbsup.gif
I am curious about that too! I've never been to an actual poultry show, but I heard that some judge the runners in a ring. I don't know how mine would "stand up" (hehe!) against show ducks though, so I want to go check out the competition first!!!

Back
Top Bottom