Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. aukuma

aukuma Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2010
    W PA
    Call Nan Hanshaw at the PA dept of Ag. 717.772.2852

2. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

Hi Tony ~ I am also in Dover!

3. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    hiya Maizy'smom n Jeff! Or should I say 'yo!' phillygirl here! Chester County these days, though.

I am liking my Orpingtons for duel purpose, although we are new to the breed and haven't seen how they lay through winter yet. I've got an Amish guy who will process for $1.30/bird, so I can't give advice on procedure there.

Lily fish, thanks for the heads up about roots, we may make it!

4. they'reHISchickens

they'reHISchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2008
    Reading
    Jeff, If you want a nice drive for nice chickens, hinkjc is within driving distance for the best orps this side of anywhere. They are close to the NE extension of the turnpike above Allentown. Send Jody and Charlie a message to see what they have available.

5. Blarneyeggs

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    We made it to Roots, Wow!!

6. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    So was it worth the drive?

7. Blarneyeggs

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Missy, I would say yes. Roots was worth the drive, even with DH sending me an hour out of my way by taking the turnpike. My own fault as I could have just consulted a map. The trip in general a 'series of unfortunate events' that I won't get into, but the clincher for me was DS decided to be a surely teenager and pout instead of pay attention and help me keep things straight, which I'm happy to say is not the norm for him.

I was overwhelmed and intrigued and can't wait to go back.... if going back is an option? I can't tell if the website is listing the small animal auction as a regular thing.... Does anyone know?

Greendragon is next on my list. Lookout Ephrata!

8. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Yes, the small animal auction is a regular thing.

9. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Hello all! I'm not certain if I've ever posted in this thread, but we moved up to the State College area about a year ago at the end of May.

I breed Langshans and am having a devil of a time getting rid of some pullets! I've used Pennwoods (amazing thing) and got some very rude responses regarding the pricing of my pullets.

They are 11 weeks old and $5 each. Is there anyone on here that would be interested in them? Here is a photo of the breeders:
    [​IMG]

10. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Just wanted to say hi! [​IMG]

We are in the SC area, too!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by