Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
  2. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Yep, I decided to put the goats off for one more season, and do ducks instead this year. I want Call Ducks, and had the worst time finding anyone that will be selling them as ducklings. BUT where there is a will there's a way. I have my name on a waiting list for 4 ducklings that the lady anticipates should hatch sometime in April. She has a mixed flock of Calls, so not color specific, but I don't care, I just wanted the bantam size. So, as I know zero about ducks, other than they are messy & cute, I have been researching. I'm mentally planning the enclosure, too, so building in my mind, LOL!
    I could have gotten eggs easily enough, but was scared to try them out. They are supposed to be the hardest to hatch of all of the ducks because their bills are so short. I wanted a guaranteed thing. I'll bet yours will hatch out beautifully, and before long you'll be posting adorable duckling pics. Happy Hatching!![​IMG]

3. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Grumbles. Had to get the traverse from my brother so I could take all the kids to the new house. Sounds easy enough, right? Nope. Everyone's in prison, so I had to load all the kids in my car to go across the street, wait for my brother to come out and switch keys, then the tower guard called patrol on me! Like, are you kidding me?! Patrol drove up, blocked me in, recognized me, asked if everything was alright, said a new guy was in the tower and left. Still embarrassing, because you know darn well that every single person in the prison now knows about it!

4. stake

stake Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2013
    Malvern, pa
  5. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
  6. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    He sure is pretty though!

7. msladyhawke

msladyhawke Poultry Connoisseur

8. stake

stake Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2013
    Malvern, pa
  9. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    ok, does it matter that hes a cross? most of my roos are pure but i don't have any silkies or i would offer you one. how about a lc orpington? have extas on those, also a blwr wyanotte or even a wheaten marans roo, all pure

10. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    forgot, the wheaten is out of blue wheaten stock so he can throw blue wheaten marans

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by