Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

2. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    The NPIP sub class for backyard flock owners is Sub part E on page 35 of the NPIP book

3. Lilbrownie

Lilbrownie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2012
    Berks County Pa

Sally I'm planning on attending as long as I have a babysitter for the kids don't think they want a 4 yr old n a 19 month old there helping!!

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    would be nice if I HAD A BOOK to refer to!! LMAO!

5. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  6. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh STOP![​IMG]

7. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    PENTAMOMMASITA!!! if you ever come back to BYC!! you FBooker you!!!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/hatching-eggs-101

Is it Fertile or Infertile?

To check the fertility, simply break an egg in a bowl. Find the white spot on the yolk. If you do not, use a spoon to gently flip the yolk over until you find it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    If the egg is fertile, the white mark will be nearly perfectly round and in the center it will be yellow;
    it will resemble a donut. If it is infertile, the white mark will not be very round, and in most cases, smaller than that of the fertile mark. If the egg is not fertile, the 'white mark' is called a "blastodisc". If the egg is fertile, the 'white mark' it is called a "blastoderm", and this means that cell division, because of fertilization, occurred.
    A link with more pics of fertile vs Non Eggs! https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/16008/how-to-tell-a-fertile-vs-infertile-egg-pictures

8. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

9. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    I am also going on the 7th , need to fill out paperwork over the weekend, I promise....well someone remind me........
    will rely on all of you to keep me awake, heading there right after work,gonna be a long day...

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  10. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by