Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. roseschickies

roseschickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2012
    Horsham, Pa
    Man.... that was good too... I put one up all ready.. my coworker thinks I am nuts!! lol I was laughing so much... need to think of some more!! hopefully really good ones!! I WANT TO WIN!!!!!
    love it!!! he he he keep going!! WIN WIN WIN
    I printed the pics out and hung them on the fridge, just waiting for something good to pop into the brain,,,,

Posted another... This is kinda fun.. not getting much work done, but hey!! possible free eggs to hatch!!! ewww yeah!!!! Been getting a bug about that anyway! and a good friend said she would let me use one of her incubators!!

2. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Well, there's my laugh for the day, thanks Wing. [​IMG] Fingers Crossed your liquor store opens very soon for you.

3. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] OMGoodness. Two good laughs in one morning! This might be an allright day after all.

4. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA

Silkies and cochins make wonderful pets, but you can get lots of different breeds in bantam size.

My personal opinion, I would stay away from the auctions.... there you are mainly getting birds that someone else considered "not good enough"

5. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania

6. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Auctions are more for pet and production or cages and equipment, if you really want to scrub and bleach the sin out of everything. I used to buy my eating eggs there too. Just can't beat a $0.25 dozen of eggs if you don't have any layers (heck, even if you do!) For me, I'll pick up scovies at some point in time, and a pekin drake, but just about everything else is off limits until I get into rabbits. My cornish cross, my BBW turkeys and my pekins all came from auction (pekins were eggs). They were all hatchery birds and in the case of pekins, hatchery quality. But when you're just starting a self-sustainable flock for your dinner table, you don't really care if the eyes are the wrong color, the beaks are a smidge skewed or whatever.

As for bantam pets? Try OEGB or serama as well. LOVE those little birds, but if you free-range, watch for hawks and don't step on them. Also watch for birds flying to get on your shoulder! They're like puppy dogs, lol.

7. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Heat, food and water....That makes happy chicks.
    It cannot be taken online unfortunately.
    And those **** marans have the habit of being very tough to hatch.
    Hopefully you drove. You'd need the booze if you ran [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sweet!
    You've got me on the list?

8. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
  9. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
  10. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Haha! I'm not real short, but my house and the old house were both built for very tall people. I can't touch 2/3rds of the cabinets in my kitchen without crawling on the counters, lol. Everyone is saying that they're buying me stools so they don't get a call to come take me to the ER, lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by