Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

Who, us??? What enablers??? Not here, nope, don't see anyone here who would do that! Nope, not us! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
  3. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    I have heavy walled coolers in all different sizes. No need to buy one. These were used to keep lab supplies cold.
    And my house is closer than wally world
    Sounds good
    That's just the way she writes lol
    we did have a micro swap
    We have tents
    HI! Tons of folks all within a short drive to get just about anything you can think of.
    I'd keep them inside in the cage for as long as you can with the odd weather we've had. (just put my babies from Dec27 hatch out of the house[​IMG])
    Sweet!
    Button quail are VERY small! I've seen bigger finches
    And?
    Stop you!? Hell we'd help you load it [​IMG]
    Enablers....what exactly is an enabler? A person who supports you in your interests, wants and desires.....Sounds more like a REALLY good friend. [​IMG]

4. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    Chad...how did the quail move go...did they settle in and start laying eggs.....did you get a male to female ratio there,,,I think that batch only had a few males but I never really checked.....or did you just say the he** with it and eat them, they really are good simply fried...

I will have to use that one some day......definition of an enabler.......But dear....a really good friend told me it was the best idea I ever had...

not sure he will buy that one..

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  5. wingstone

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    I have kind of a strange question to throw out there...

I have 8+ cream legbar chicks comng from crazypetlady in the spring...as you all know i am trying to downsize and get organized, this is a breed i would like to work with but the timing is way off.....
    my question is would any of you be willing to take these chicks and work with them, and then ensure that i get chicks from them come next summer??

6. Baym

Baym Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    Day 14 Last Night - we have 2 bators going with Welsummer and Maran eggs, and some random eggs we got from a friend (some EE). I have no idea how anyone can see anything inside Welsummer and Maran eggs, other than the air cell. The lightest Welsummer you could see some veining and a dark cloud, but not much else. I suppose there could be nothing going on inside those eggs or there is and being a rookie I couldn't get enough lumination to see it.

However, totally different story on the light blue and green eggs. Wow. The one egg the chick was doing gymnastics. Kept pushing its feet up against the sides. Totally amazing. I only have 3 light color eggs and there is definite activity. Mixed blessing at this point, I am totally stressing about the Wellies but super excited about the others!

7. Baym

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    I would definitely do it if I could have a rooster, but alas I am forbidden.

8. Baym

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    Denial is not just a river in Egypt!

9. wingstone

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania

10. Baym

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    If I had a rooster, the Mrs. would throw me out and I would be homeless in my truck with the rooster.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by