Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

I think I have an eggbound D'Uccle. She molted and stopped laying 2 months ago. 2 days ago I saw she had a yucky butt, so I brought her in to give her a butt bath. I have never done this before. The area between her legs was wide huge and HARD. I'm pretty positive it was a big egg, or 2? I did the warm bath and massage, and all it did was make her bleed from the vent. I put her back in her pen, and she is acting normal, eating etc. But still no egg. Opinions?

2. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

I'd be happy to take those two buffs. PM price. It might be three weekend or the weekend after until I can pick them up, though. We can always meet somewhere for bio reasons, if you prefer. sure we could find somewhere

3. ctfeathers

ctfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2013
    Eastern PA
    That is what I just got back from doing. Fingers crossed.

4. regcal966

regcal966 Out Of The Brooder

I'm in snow shoe also. :)

5. annie82005

annie82005 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2013
    Snow Shoe, Pa

Wow! Small world around here!

6. roseschickies

roseschickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2012
    Horsham, Pa
    OMG.. WHAT IS THIS!!! Saving this!!!
    Ha! This is too Funny!!!

Also may have found my Roos a home! Thanks Stake!! I think I have 3 all together.. Freaking Roosters! Down to 3 girls.. + the 4 new chicks, Hopefully all girls, that's what they said at Pickering Valley anyway... Then 4 more coming in the next 2 weeks. I would be interested in 2 laying birds I Saw Wing you have some, but you are kinda far... I believe I will be in Morgantown this weekend picking up some chicks, not sure if you are up for meeting etc? I guess I could send you a PM?

7. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

Welcome all.

Off to the beach for shell hunting roday. You know you are addicted to chickens when you look at all the shell fragments and say "ooh this would be perfect for the chickens."

8. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania

9. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    Oh yes, I have 11 chicks that hatched out [​IMG] Everyone is healthy and happy, will definitely update you on their progress. They're very curious, sweet birds and they love to climb all over and sleep on your hands. Can't wait til they get big! The shows are going to be fun! You're a little bit of a Hike from us, so let me know exactly what you're interested in. If you just want laying birds, I might have culls from this year. If you want breeding stock, I'll probably have started birds summer 2014. I'll *hopefully* be traveling for shows and fairs so I might be able to bring birds along if you need to pick up anything. Thanks!
    [​IMG]

10. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    oh No!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by