Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

2. NJchixs

NJchixs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2012
    Jackson, NJ
    Thanks for these pictures Sally, they are awesome and give me some ideas for this spring. And sorry about that rude New Jersian, must be a NY transplant (no offense anyone just kidding). Reading you articles has encouraged me to try incubating soon, easy reading for a newbie. We're all not bad.

3. roseschickies

roseschickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2012
    Horsham, Pa
    Oh I forgot to post this

Chicken Chat and Chick Days at P&A Feed, I am going to check out the chicken chat! Finally Something close out my way!! [​IMG]

http://www.pafeed.com/

4. Baym

Baym Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    Sally, you know every last person in this forum admires and respects everything you do. Don't let a snide remark get you down in the slightest. Everyone has a breaking point and that person was past his or hers and snapped. Don't you dare let it change a single thing you do here. You love this place and I think I can speak for everyone when I say we are all grateful and better because of it.
    Oh my, I am so very sorry Chad.

5. Baym

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    Did you end up at Pickering on Sunday?

6. ctfeathers

ctfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2013
    Eastern PA
    Thanks, Sally! This helps a lot. Guess I have more pallets to find. More chicks, eh? Have any BLR ? Seriously, if I come home with more chickens than I have already, (read:chicken math explosion) I will be building a pallet house for myself first! I'm trying to be good!!!!

7. roseschickies

roseschickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2012
    Horsham, Pa
    Yep! They are kinda pricey.. 5.99 for the Sussex, and 4.99 for the RIR, I wasn't thinking since I drove all the way out there ( I wanted the Sussex since Nissleys didn't have any).. everything seemed to be $1-$2 more expensive.. I chalk it up to being in Chester County [​IMG]

Nissley Feed has chicks, I am picking up 1 more RIR from them, theirs are 2.79, australorps & Orps are 2.99. ( I canceled the Australorp and Orps though, since I am picking up older birds from Wing Saturday!!! )

http://www.nissleyfeed.com/

8. Baym

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    I looked for you. I met the Mrs. out there after she and my daughter had finished riding. We were there at 1ish, but only to grab some supplies. I was surprised how many birds they did have.

Rose, thanks for the tip. I am trying to find a good place for pond supplies and they seem to carry the stuff for larger ponds. I haven't been able to find a place near me.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  9. ctfeathers

ctfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2013
    Eastern PA
    You have a kiddo that rides? How old? My 9 year old rides, too :)

10. Baym

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    Sure do. She is 9, turns 10 in May. We own 1 pony and lease another at a barn not too far from Pickering Valley. My wife is starting to ride. I rode western until college and my daughter is begging me to train English which I guess I will do after tax season is over. My daughter shows but she isn't that competitve about it. She doesn't care if she wins or loses, she just loves being around the horses. There are days I wish she was more competitive and then days I am glad she isn't. In an odd way, I think my daughter is trying to teach me that winning isn't everything. 8)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by