Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Wing I bought all they had!!!! Sorry......................

2. heatherscooby77

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    You bet she's happy! She loves those mess makers!

3. heatherscooby77

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Oh, we are lucky that wasn't going on too. I plan on going back to that TSC. It is so much cheaper then the one by me! They also have a bigger selection!

4. motherhen71185

motherhen71185 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2012
    Southern York County, PA
    quick question for you guys. I made my late night "rounds" for the night and before the snow. I noticed my largest and oldest pullet chick (about 5 weeks) has a small bald spot on her back above her tail between her wings (about the size of a finger tip). I haven't caught anyone picking at in, and i can see the larger feathers coming in, but it is more spars than other areas and it looks like one or two of the new feathers were pulled out. She has been preening her self a LOT. Is it possible she did this to her self, or did one of the other chicks pick at her back? The skin isn't red or sore at all, like i thought it would be if it was from others pecking at her. She is the biggest and oldest and is the top of the pecking order. I left her in there with everyone but i gave them some new larger sticks/roosts to play with to keep them occupied. Maybe I will give them some treats tomorrow. Is it just from her losing the baby feathers and getting the new ones in and during preening she might have accidentally picked one out?

5. heatherscooby77

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    She probably picked out a feather that she is molting.

6. heatherscooby77

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Sally, I love the crown Harmony made! Awesome

7. MButerbaugh

MButerbaugh Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2012
    So I'm considering getting a rooster.... I have 17 hens, 7 in one coop/ run and 10 in another. Any advice? I have EE, silver laced Wyandotte, buff Orpington, red sex link and white leghorn mix. Should I get a roo that is old enough to add to current flock? I'm worried about getting a mean roo.... Advice? Love my EE's....

8. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA

It was great to meet you both too! Let me know how your hatch goes!

9. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania

I have a BO roo I have to eventually rehome (He's just over 3 weeks old). Sold as a sexed pullet, but he turned roo. So far, he's a great guy! He gets handled pretty often so he's confortable around people and he'll fall asleep in your hands (He's a sweetie, breaks my heart that he has to be someone elses manly man. There are too many of them here!). Duke has some growing to do though, (adult hens would torture such a little guy) so when he gets a bit bigger, if you still need a roo, let me know :)

10. Lilbrownie

Lilbrownie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2012
    Berks County Pa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by