Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

OK... so they say the first thing to go is the mind....

Someone on here had loved the Scotts Dumpy chicken and was looking for more info on them

One of them made the POW front page banner,
    Pretty cool roo!! And gorgeous!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/rocky-living-up-to-his-name

maybe the person with this fellow has more info on the breed or breeders?

2. ctfeathers

ctfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2013
    Eastern PA
    I want to be completely snowed in... But only if the college cancels classes for the day due to weather.
    If that can't happen, I want it to go away, no snow. I really don't want to deal with the drive in for an hour commute turned 3 for stupid drivers who can't handle snow driving even thigh they should be at home.

3. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Pretty sure that was Wing?

4. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    It takes 2 hrs, 40 minutes for me to get to Dover. PA. It takes 4 hours to get to Dover, NJ. I was tempted to get the birds. I know I would go to Jersey too.
    Hmmm... [​IMG] Maybe I should do it.

5. Lilbrownie

Lilbrownie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2012
    Berks County Pa

Think that was Wing??

I agree I love being snowed in but only really like it when DH is home and he even has to go to work in blizzards! My youngest daughter hates snow and I mean hates! You put her near it and she screams bloody murder but the oldest loves it so the only way we get to enjoy is if the DH is home!! But I do love snow especially when on the trees, so pretty!

6. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

I thought Wing or Blarney, but couldn't remember, so figured I'd post it as a general note!

The one in the POW is sure a beautiful guy!

Edit to add....

Just did a search for the thread, and you guys are right, it was Wing! She liked the short legs! LOL

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  7. Gardeningmama

Hi all!! I've been gone for a couple days, cleaning, 13 yr. olds slumber party, and last nights random post contest. It just took me two hours to catch up on everything![​IMG] Thanks for the Congrats on winning Sally's awesome Brahma Eggs[​IMG] I won a chicken basket too stuffed with gardening goodies. I thought it was so ironic, you know, Gardeningmama? You know the saying "On Cloud Nine"? I haven't come down yet. It's been a yucky month, and I think The Good Lord knew I needed it.
    Anyway, chickies will be hatching in 6 days. I'm so excited! I swear it never gets old![​IMG]

8. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

If you go to Dover, PA stop in and say Hi. That is where I am.

9. Gardeningmama

Hey Fawn Grove Chad, if you need a Blue Laced Red Wyandotte Cockerel to go with your chicks, just let me know.[​IMG]

10. msladyhawke

msladyhawke Poultry Connoisseur

Yay! I'll be going to the York Show too!! (Uh yeah, mailing my entry last minute tomo too, lol.)

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by