Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Haha I know.... I have had ducks for 3- 4 years now... But I am just sad at how my others dont like me :/ I tried handleing them but yet nothing haha. These guys that I have now 2 KC and 2 Mallards seem diffrent and I want them to love me hah
My pekins are skittish, but I got them as adults. My runners are the same. The muscovies I can walk right over & pick up usually but they were younger when I got them & had been well handled. We have babies in the brooder that are handled constantly & the babies we raised last year were pretty calm as well. My call ducks I can usually pick right up as well, but they are in a smaller pen & can't get away as easy. I just don't give my babies a choice. They get used to me whether they want to or not. Plus the kids cart them everywhere.

My pekins are skittish, but I got them as adults. My runners are the same. The muscovies I can walk right over & pick up usually but they were younger when I got them & had been well handled. We have babies in the brooder that are handled constantly & the babies we raised last year were pretty calm as well. My call ducks I can usually pick right up as well, but they are in a smaller pen & can't get away as easy. I just don't give my babies a choice. They get used to me whether they want to or not. Plus the kids cart them everywhere.
My Rouens follow me around the yard like dogs...they come running when they hear my voice!

My broody hatched a chick! My broody hatched s chick! (I'm excited, new to me.)

The eggs werent hers and the green ones just got laid in there today. She still managed to hatch at least one! Monday was day 21.

My broody hatched a chick! My broody hatched s chick! (I'm excited, new to me.)

The eggs werent hers and the green ones just got laid in there today. She still managed to hatch at least one! Monday was day 21.

How exciting!!! I am still waiting for a hen to go broody so I can hatch my own babies!

So...CONGRATULATIONS!
ya.gif

pagumby- I use bird netting. I have about a 17ft x 25ft run.
http://www.rakuten.com/prod/new-50-...y-game-pens/211497831.html?listingId=47282303
This is the best price I have found so far and I had plenty left over.
Thanks I'm going to need something once we get the fence up.
How many chickens do you have in that area? That's roughly the size we are going to do. Have 14 chicks and 8 ducklings now. Wont be stopping either. My husband wants 2 geese as well among other things lol.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom