Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Do they do it in bagged feed? Anyone else around State College area want to see about going in on some? Maybe we could do a big order... I'd want at least 500lbs myself, maybe more if we can get the garage organized.

2. kada6305

kada6305 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2013
    Kersey, Pennsylvania
    Central ( I think lol Just moved) PA here :) if anybody is close to the Dubois TSC they are doing a chicken swap. I have to look up the date But i know its in may :)

3. yelnad

yelnad Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2012
    Central PA
    Trades? Do they take anything other than live animals? Do they take preschool aged children? [​IMG]

16% or 20%? What should layer chickens be fed?

I will definitely be interested once my chickens reach layer age. Then again, how long can you have chicken feed laying around before you need to us it? Maybe I would be interested now.

AND I FINALLY FIGURED OUT HOW TO USE MULTI QUOTES!! :) [​IMG]

4. eweaber

eweaber Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2012
    Lebanon PA
    If anyone needs skids for their spring projects let me know. I have a number available. Located in Lebanon.

5. Bettacreek

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Does anyone "need" any 1 year (in May) cornish cross hens? I have 9 and would like to downsize a smidge. They're great rangers (far better than the layer hens), lay very big eggs (that are way tastier than the layer hens thanks to better ranging) and are sweet and docile birds. They DO know how to eat though, and they aren't suitable for kids' pets, because they're about 15lbs and you have to handle them carefully so you don't hurt them. I'll only sell here, because I don't want them eaten (at least until they've gone past their prime laying). Otherwise I'd eat them myself, lol. They are just too good of birds to make it to the table yet.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  6. SilkieSensation

SilkieSensation Overrun With Chickens

Oct 25, 2012
    Baltic, Ohio
    ME ME ME!!! I have coops needing built. I'll swap ya birds for skids [​IMG]
    Holy cow! Big birds!!!

7. Bettacreek

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    They certainly are. Love my cornish x ladies, but I just have to downsize a little. The light brahmas are leaving later this month. The leghorns might go after I fulfill an order, but the cornish cross are the main ones that are going through the feed. It's not super terrible, but when you still have about 8 dozen eggs to come and a bator full, a few brooders, etc, it just gets to be too much.

8. eweaber

eweaber Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2012
    Lebanon PA
    How many and what size?

9. yelnad

yelnad Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2012
    Central PA
    Is this a cochin? I can get more up to date pics. She has filled out quit a bit since these pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. AUNT KAT

AUNT KAT Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2013
    Lebanon, Pa
    [​IMG] Motherhen.......so sorry about your loss [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by