Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

How many and what size?
PM me a list of what you have & I'll let you know what I can use.

They certainly are. Love my cornish x ladies, but I just have to downsize a little. The light brahmas are leaving later this month. The leghorns might go after I fulfill an order, but the cornish cross are the main ones that are going through the feed. It's not super terrible, but when you still have about 8 dozen eggs to come and a bator full, a few brooders, etc, it just gets to be too much.
I know all about going through too much feed. I just bought 21 bags of feed for this month. 8 were 40 pound chick feed bags, but the rest were 50 pound bags. I checked with my mill after that load & found out they can mix me 500 pounds of all of my "extras" without the layer mash in it for about $100 less than buying everything separate. Already preordered for next month. They even bag it for me. That will not only spare my wallet but will make mixing my fermented feed SOOOO much easier with just 2 components instead of 6.
Is this a cochin? I can get more up to date pics. She has filled out quit a bit since these pics.

Not sure. With the extended heel feathers it looks more like a brahma but I haven't seen a black brahma. Newer pix might help.

Triple M farms in Lebanon across 422 from the Lebanon Walmart has an 18% protein feed for $10.80/ 50b bag made right there and will do custom feed with a 500# minimum. And they will deliver. They will use grain you have or have grains available for your own blend. I dig it. And with bulk orders you receive a discounted price. 

Do they have large bags of medicated chick feed? All I can find is 5# bags of it.

Nice. Our's isn't that great. The only bulk orders they do is if they deliver 2 tons to your place. I'm sure the delivery would cut out any savings (and possibly cost more). Not to mention, who knows if they bag it for you and what on earth would I do with a year's supply of feed all at once?! I usually do 400lbs at a time.

PM me a list of what you have & I'll let you know what I can use.

I know all about going through too much feed. I just bought 21 bags of feed for this month. 8 were 40 pound chick feed bags, but the rest were 50 pound bags. I checked with my mill after that load & found out they can mix me 500 pounds of all of my "extras" without the layer mash in it for about $100 less than buying everything separate. Already preordered for next month. They even bag it for me. That will not only spare my wallet but will make mixing my fermented feed SOOOO much easier with just 2 components instead of 6.
Not sure. With the extended heel feathers it looks more like a brahma but I haven't seen a black brahma. Newer pix might help.
IF it is a brahma, its not a good one, it has vulture hocks, according to what i've read, looks like a cochin to me
idunno.gif

Ok,.. Just want to share my little problem I had.... And I am by myself having to do this! LOL
I had to empty the tractor cart that was filled with bedding threw out the winter... Welllll the biggest issue was how am I going to get it all the way down the back to empty it without a tractor that works!!!! So after getting it out of the yard (It sunk into the dirt and I had to get it onto the concrete to do anything with it!!) It has to weigh at least 300lbs.. It filled with water... Well then the problem was... I am not walking it all the way down the yard... so now what? Well I looked at the quads... It was an idea that failed. The quads where too tall to hook it to the rack... So now what? Thinking about it and I remember that on my Explorer that there is a hole in the bumper for the ball to hook to.. So I grabbed the pin and checked to see if it fit... and it did!! SO this is what my little set up looked like....

Nice. Our's isn't that great. The only bulk orders they do is if they deliver 2 tons to your place. I'm sure the delivery would cut out any savings (and possibly cost more). Not to mention, who knows if they bag it for you and what on earth would I do with a year's supply of feed all at once?! I usually do 400lbs at a time.

Betta, how many chickens do you have that you buy 400# at once? And how long does it last? I'm just curious. I sent DH to pick up 150# of starter today and I have 30. I'm just trying to plan for my future. ;)

They do the 2 ton unbagged delivery too. I think delivery is free that way with my mill within so many miles. I have to go pick mine up, but not a big deal since I go that way the 1st of each month to pay my water bill anyway. The fun part is fitting it all into my poor car at once so I don't have to make another trip. I had 15 bags stuffed in the trunk last time. I would get the 2 ton mix, but don't have anywhere to put that much feed at once. I don't have a bin for it & no garage or barn. I have to stick to bagged stuff that I can stack in the basement. Luckily my basement has a door that opens at ground level right next to the driveway. No stairs. So much easier than lugging it all into the house & down the steps.

Back
Top Bottom