Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Hello, fellow Pennsylvanians!
Hello & Welcome!!!
frow.gif

K- so, i just figured something out.......
when buying the bantam chicks to keep Si company, the girl working there "taught me" how to do feather-sexing. Well, long story short, all my males kept turning into females, so i just looked up feather sexing on the net, and WHATEVER SHE THOUGHT SHE TAUGHT ME WAS COMPLETELY NOT FEATHER SEXING.....
smack.gif

I've been pretty accurate with feather sexing so far, give or take a few birds. HOWEVER, I thought I was positive on the Barnevelders, because the wings were so distinctly different. Ummm...2 that I was certain were pullets, are clearly NOT, and 1 I was certain was a roo is showing no signs of being one aside from extremely slow feathering, 2 I'm pretty certain are pullets. I wonder what Kiomey ended up with, as she was a victim of my "feather sexing" too? Sorry Kiomey
hide.gif
. BTW they say with Barnies that white chest is boy, and brown chest is girl, that was not correct either! Only 1 out of 10 had a white chest.

One more thing to say today, and then I've got to get something productive done. An opossum got hit by a car and knocked into my driveway. I went out to look, and there are 6 tiny babies scattered all around it, all dead. At first I felt bad, but then I realized that car just took out 7 potential predators from my property, so, not feeling too bad anymore.
hmm.png

Hello, fellow Pennsylvanians!
Hello and Welcome! 40, but you're not sure? Pull up a chair, You sound like our kinda people.
My favorite is the days I act 18 and get awake the next day feeling 81!
Hee hee.
K- so, i just figured something out....... when buying the bantam chicks to keep Si company, the girl working there "taught me" how to do feather-sexing. Well, long story short, all my males kept turning into females, so i just looked up feather sexing on the net, and WHATEVER SHE THOUGHT SHE TAUGHT ME WAS COMPLETELY NOT FEATHER SEXING.....
smack.gif
I couldn't help but laugh at this one! I catch my son explaining it all wrong to people too. And when they question me about it, I throw him right under the bus. 'He told you What?!' Only one sure fire way to sex birds, If it lays an egg it's a pullet, if it crows, it's a cockerel...probably.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom