Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    How does a run that is supposed to take one or two hours to extend, take 10 hours?!?! The walls were already built. It was just putting on the wire, slapping the thing together, put a door on hinges, and throw the roof on. Granted, we discovered that the ground needed dug out (grrrrrrr) but that took half an hour. So, seriously? How did putting the walls up take about 8 hours??? Anyone else have a problem when building?

[​IMG]We were still getting the roof up, but the kids NEEDED to get out... Okay. I couldn't wait to see them in their new run.

2. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

It was time well spent! Looks great. No matter how long my husband says any project will take I double the time and add an hour. Funny how accurate that method can be.

1 person likes this.
  3. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

So glad to hear it. You could probably use a glass of wine. Sometimes I think these sorts of things stress us out more than the kids.

4. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Wonderful news!! Hope healing goes quickly for him.

5. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Looks great though!!

6. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Motorcycle Chick, WOW!! That's an awesome run!

Barbiegirl, so glad your son's alright.

DS finally finished his brooder, gathered broody hen yesterday with her 5 youngsters and put them in their new home. THEN DS climbs under porch and finds a few more eggs, one pipped and another baby chick. Mom would not take the chick. So we fired up a bator and popped it in there. This chick is not well at all. It just can't seem to stand. Just spins in circles. I'm giving it water and vitamins, but it's still not standing and is breaking my heart. The pipped egg died and the other 2 are still.

7. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    *giggles* So I'm sitting at dinner last night with a friend. We're discussing my chickens and ducks. He looks at me and goes "ok you've convinced me, how much work exactly am I in for?" "Do you think my backyard is big enough for 4?" "What if I want meat birds?"

8. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    :(

I am so sorry!!!

9. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    And so it started, lol!!

Hey, I have a question. Do you think $25 is a reasonable price for a pair of bantam orpingtons?

10. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by