Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Congrats on the egg (and the gorgeous silkie!!!)

2. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    I have been busy today snapping photos off ALL of the recent hatches. I have (gulp!) 43 chicks in my laundry room!!! And several more hanging about. And 16 polish in the incubator. Good grief! What was I thinking???? Oh yes, I wasn't......

Who here is on FB? Look me up to see all the pictures! https://www.facebook.com/Mama2my4monkeys

1 person likes this.
  3. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    oh! I forgot to ask..... Any one know of any fall shows? Or swaps?

4. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    LOL! So several of us have had fun with our babies escaping. Anyone have a good way to catch them (other than a fish net. I do think I will get one. Just don't have one YET)??

5. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    Well, I checked. Not only am I not the worst chicken owner because my babies don't come when called (yeah, a lot of ppl on here made me think I was terrible), but I discovered that a fish net is the best way to catch a chicken. I am now going to get one ... And catch my husband before he gets into the fridge.

6. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Question: how does one 'sleep all the way home' on a motorcycle? Does it involve a bungee cord? Did I read that right?

Sicky chicky is out with a broody hen, he made vast improvements today and so we put him in with the Barred Holland broody, who has so far been amazing with chicks.

7. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    YAH! Hope she is even better in the morning!

8. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    They are having the swap, sale, thingy in Sharpesburg, MD again in September..........

This place has a pretty extensive list of shows: Exhibition Poultry[​IMG] Magazine. exhibitionpoultry.net It is free and very educational too! They talk about black genes in this issue, and GMO small grains.

9. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    I bought a telescoping bird net at Petco. Its great to catch them as teens and younger. You know before they act like they like you, for food :)

1 person likes this.
  10. Lilbrownie

Lilbrownie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2012
    Berks County Pa
    Hi everyone, so I just found this thread and I think I found my new addiction!! I have a small flock of Cochin bantams and I am soo in love with them (so is my 3 yr old and 1 yr old)!! Just happy to know I'm not the only crazy chicken person in my area. Plus I saw some of you have Cochins!! Well just wanted to say Hi.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by