Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Welcome!!

2. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Hi there lil brown! And welcome.

Happy Friday everyone! Today, in my house, it's Pancake Day! So happy pancake day as well!

I hear Delaware County 4H is having their livestock show this weekend, we plan to check out the chickens on Saturday! It's at Ridley Creek State Park.

and... The Bantam Baby that was rescued from under the porch is doing great under the broody. She is amazing! I really didn't think that one was going to make it, It' got the big eye thing going on too, just like Mama2my4's little yellow chick. I'll post a pick later.

Life is good.

3. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Yay for pancake day!!!!

Where is Delaware County at? I was just thinking I would love to try to organize a swap here in Central PA, but have no idea how to eve go about it.

Glad to hear your baby is doing well. Not sure what is up with the eye thing. Someone told me maybe they got squished in the egg somehow? Mine is doing great and totally healthy other than the eye. So who knows?

4. Blarneyeggs

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Delaware County is just South of Philly, in fact the Philadelphia Airport is actually in Delaware County. It's where I grew up, and about a 1/2 hr from me.
    Pancake day also included WAFFLES this morning! Woo Hoo. It just does not get any better than that!

Did you try your local Tractor Supply co while looking for a place to swap? Do you have a local TSC? If you do, they seem to help out a lot of folks in Northern PA.

So here is sick chick, with the wongo eye. I dabbed some TripleAntibiotic Ointment in there after this pic. I'm a big fan of Tripleantibiotic Ointment Also, DS nursing the chick yesterday before we turned her over to Broody Momma.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. MotorcycleChick

MotorcycleChick Gone quackers

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    Blarney. Slow down! Too much to reply to!
    I sleep on the motorcycle by either leaning back, and just closing my eyes, leaning forward, and using DH as a pillow (the first time I did that, I slept for an hour until he pulled the bike over, and started yelling at me. He thought I was ignoring him! He is still impressed by the things I can do on the back of the bike without him knowing anything is happening.) Or, I can just stay sitting up straight, and sleep. Some people do bungee drunk or sleeping women to the back. I am just that good!
    Congrats on the chick doing well. It is adorable.
    Happy Friday pancake and waffle day to you!
    I think that is everything.

6. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    What a sweet picture!!!!

What do I say when I call TSC? Just that I want to hold a swap there?

7. Blarneyeggs

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Momma2my: I would go armed with information. Like tell them that the TSC in Clarion hosts one and it will bring business in, also know your plan regarding bio security so your ready to answer any questions.

Anyone going to the Montgomery 4H show? It's supposed to have a lot of birds there and run till 10 tonight and again tomorrow. It's at 1015 Bridge Road, Collegville, PA

8. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    I'm going wedding dress shopping tomorrow...so no, no 4H fair for me.

So...how do I break my silly red from wanting to lay in my window box?

9. Lilbrownie

Lilbrownie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2012
    Berks County Pa
    So there are swaps around here too?? I wanted to go to the one in Sharpsburg but don't know if I wanna drag both my girls in that far of a ride.

10. criddle76

criddle76 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2012
    Im in Southwest PA Fayette Co Southeast of Pittsburgh
    anyone close by??[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by