Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Good! Here I thought I may be alone.I didn't start keeping them until my 2nd year with chickens, though.
so don't they get smelly? I can see keeping them in a jar -----could be a nice visual......as long as they don't go bad in some way to kinda spoil it all..........

so much to learn..............didn't know that egg farts was on my list! LOL!

you only live once .................might as well keep it light and have some fun!

Yeah well most egg farts do not have a yolk in them so they do tend to dry up nicely. Lol

Oh, I have been chatting so much about egg farts that I almost forgot to mention that all my eggs hatched. I now have seven chicks and two ducklings. There are two hens taking care of them in our old rabbit hutch, one of the hens is Rags. I am so glad I did that surgery on her, if I hand' t I am sure she wouldn't' t be with us now. The amount she was internally laying surely would have killed her long ago. Anyway she and Freckles are being great mom's to the chicks and ducklings. Now I hope my Japonese bantams hatch out good also.......

Thanks...of course those pics were taken before the girls got in to mess it up....not looking quite so clean now...lol But since I only have 2 chickens so far it's still pretty easy to keep their home clean. Actually that isn't tile, it's a solid piece of vinyl flooring...so easy to keep clean but I suspect I shall soon see areas where they are scratching. If I do, I may pull that up, don't want them eating it. I painted under the floor before we put down the vinyl just in case.

I
I've been keeping chickens for 2 years and have never gotten a fart egg!

I haven't gotten many. I think I have 5 saved and I had to throw one because it was cracked.I have had many chickens since I started, though. I am sure in all I have owned over 500 by now. Especially since within my first 3 months I had over 80.

My egg farts have never smelled, btw.

Off topic but does anyone watch "The Incredible Dr. Pol" ? I love that show!

It's a show about an amazing vet who takes care of any animal, and really knows his stuff. I wanna be just like him someday.

Off topic but does anyone watch "The Incredible Dr. Pol" ? I love that show!

It's a show about an amazing vet who takes care of any animal, and really knows his stuff. I wanna be just like him someday.
Never heard of it......................what channel or station? My chicken that is supposedly 10 or 11 months old................still has not laid an egg for me since I acquired her 2 weeks ago. Someone on here said that she may be older than her stated age..........................how can I tell the age of a chicken? She is the one in my avatar picture............. Should I worry about her not laying an egg? she has made loud vocalizations...................and seems generally content. eating..........pooping.................sleeping.................exploring ..............drinking.........any thoughts on this.........?????? My general feeling is she is just not ready............and she really has not found the nest box........................she also may not be eating the oyster shell..............I cant really tell but I have put it out for her............

Back
Top Bottom