Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. galgo98

galgo98 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Lebanon, Pennsylvania
    Does anybody in the "area" use Fertrell poultry supplements? I'm looking to start mixing my own whole grain food for my ducks and geese. If not, would anybody be willing to split bags with me? I'm looking for their Fish meal, Poultry Nutri-Balancer, Aragonite, and possibly Kelp meal. These products come in 50/60# bags. The "recipe" I'm using only needs a few pounds of each of these per 50# batch. They are willing to split the bags up for me, but they want about 3x's the price per pound for it... That doesn't make it feasible to do it myself. Please PM me if interested! Thanks!

http://www.fertrell.com/poultry.htm

2. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    A good broody is worth their weight in eggs.

I actually just bought a bantam, blue-mottled, frizzle Cochin! lol! (how many adjectives can be used to describe something?!) it's a young pullet, but really hoping she will be a good broody for me. She makes me smile just to look at her though!

I have a hen right now. A red Cochin bantam that was a gift. The BEST broody I have ever had. She now has 10 LF chicks under her. Soon I will have to supplement with heat as they are just getting too big for her to cover, but I don't think I'd trade that bird for anything!

3. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Oh my word!! She is the cutest little thing EVER!!!

4. bruceh

bruceh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2012
    hanover pa
    i shake my head at their prices. have you seen the white american bresse. 399.00 . yeh ok i'll take a dz.

5. silver1313

silver1313 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Gettysburg, PA
    Mama - We are looking for more JG hens let me know if you having any luck finding any ?!?!? please

6. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Realistically, if I had a great pen indoors with heat and such as well as have that cash as disposable for chickens/investment I would start getting those breeds( considering a chicken wing on the house design. If I'm getting the logs for the house, making a chicken zone wouldn't be a far stretch)

7. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Will do! You too please!! I really only want one more pullet.

8. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Hey mama! You guys are coming down this weekend right?

9. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    I was planning to, but we have had a medical issue with my youngest this week which has kept me running back and forth to Pittsburgh. Hubby is taking her this morning, and she may end up needing to go to the OR. So, that said, I am kinda sick of being in the car, lol!

We are going to try for next week.

10. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    OMG Patricks, only YOU would consider building a wing of your house just for the chickens. I can't wait to get mine out in the garage where they belong!

I think I need a plain old banty as my broody, not allowing my sebright to become a broody! Her eggs (when she deigns to lay) are too valuable.

Speaking of banties...we have friends who have had chickens for years. When they found out I wanted chickens, they said to ask them anything. So I did...I asked them what they had...."oh just some banties and some regular size chickens"..........yeah...helpful.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by