Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Sally, do you put vinegar in the water? Or maybe try brewers yeast in the food?

2. silver1313

silver1313 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Gettysburg, PA
    Well actually sally my numbers and coops are going thru changes... but i currently have 22 chickens , 2 pekings, and a mallard( plus 6 ducks in 1st bator set to hatch and day now and 28 chickens and 9 ducks in the second bator due to hatch the 30th and the 6th respectively ) and 6 small to medium coops .... 2 big dog kennel coops 2 small to medium wooden coops our neighbor found and gave us ... one pallet coop we built and one square box coop we bullt ...we also had a big brooder but it went on the burn pile ... in process of making a few more brooders and redoing coops and probably making one or tow more pallet coop before hard winter sets in depending on how we rearrange the birds ....i think the silkies and showgirls and nn are fixing to take over the bigger pen with the EES going to pentamom

When everything is fixed up and redone and built I will get you some pictures posted lol ok ?

3. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    I have tried hatching ducks a few times, never got any, if you watch any of the swaps they often have duck eggs..
    maybe we should just set up a tour of everyone's place, I would love to see all the different ways people keep their chickens, everyone order the disinfecting sprays cause we are going from place to place....(no offense to anyone, just thinking safety.)

4. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Map with dinner times?! I choked on my coffee with that one. I don't know about a 'sammich', but I can dial a phone and order pizza anytime. (except Mondays when the ONE and only place that delivers to us is closed). Is pizza 'vegan'? I'm guessing with the cheese, no.

Would love to be a part of a local poutrly club!! now, is Lebanon County local? I don't think for me it is.

Pics for Sally coming soon....

5. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA

Thank you! I though I was due! LOL!

LOVE that photo. Makes me want a nice cuppa tea... think I will fix one now. Who wants to join me?

6. silver1313

Jun 5, 2011
    Gettysburg, PA
    I usually have an over abundance of pekin eggs.... got 5-6 in the hatching carton as well as the ones in the bator .... i think i may have lost the first batch with some temp flunctuations but then i might just have the date off as i forgot to mark when i set them we will see if no hatch by next friday ill do egg topsies ...... the other has 7/9 that look good and that incubator (TY again Heather !! ) stays nice and steady on the temps ...

Our set up is similar to yours on a smaller scale tina ...

7. Baym

Baym Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    No picture? Or are you waiting to post it just before lunch? 8)

8. silver1313

Jun 5, 2011
    Gettysburg, PA
    she will wait til lunch to share lol

9. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    Lebanon fair grounds is only about half hour drive for me, it is not to far from the turnpike.

10. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Sussex, NJ Poultry Show pics (SORRY for such bad quality, so much to do and see, photos took a back seat, of course NOW I'm wishing I had more!).

**NONE of the birds in THIS post are mine

These Pics are from 'Champion Row" ~Class Champions

Langshan RC Asiatic. (ETA: this Langshan is LF)

[​IMG]

Call Duck, Reserve Champion

[​IMG]

This White Banty Cochin was my favorite bird in the show. Can't remember what it won, it is on Champion Row

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by