Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    look on ebay, they have pictures pf the lemon orp, i have them and believe me, they're gorgeous[​IMG]
  2. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
  3. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    You are not crazy. Unless we all are.[​IMG][​IMG]
  4. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    ChickyDee, I've also been worrying about your incubator, how weird is that? Aren't you about to go in to lockdown?

Chad what IS this whipped vodka that seems to be all the rage, do you mix it, or put it over ice?

Someone on here recently had a pair of LCO. Sharron,, was that you?
  5. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    DH is riding the motorcycle home from work tomorrow morning. He will be coming from Bedford, up through Johnstown (they are expecting a foot or so of water) and to Houtzdale. NOW he is listening when I tell him we are going to get a storm or three. [​IMG]
    IDK what to do to prep. The generator is broken, and the lawn furniture is put away. I will get the trash cans before bed. I have plenty of stuff to eat and drink, batteries for the flashlights, and oil for the lamps. Mama's Polish swears she is fine in the garage (yes, she did tell me that!). I keep checking on her, and she gives me a look, and settles back in. Maybe tomorrow she will want in the house.
    Good luck to all. Keep safe.
  6. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    I will be making some of these in the spring. I have English Orps. I have a blue cockerel, and a black, blue, and splash hen. They are just beautiful birdies. I will have to get some pics soon for you to see them!
  7. beaglady

beaglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    We've spent 2 days putting lawn furniture and potted plants away, and wrapping my chicken runs in tarps to hopefully keep them dry. Some of my birds live in a building, but most of them live year round in kennel runs. They all have food & water for 3 days, plus some ear corn to pick at for entertainment. They should get through this just fine, but I'll be worried til the wind stops and I can check on them again.

Our area seems to lose power a lot, so we have a generator ready to go. Last major hurricane (whose name I forget) we were without for 5 days. I hate the noise of the generator, but I'm glad to be able to keep my freezers and the well pump going. Next on our list is a propane hot water heater.
  8. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Mmmmmmmm Whipped cream vodka mixed with orange juice. Mix it light and it tastes like an orange julius, mix it heavy and it's like a creamsickle drink. [​IMG]
  9. bruceh

bruceh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2012
    hanover pa
    try this for a bold rooster. if he flogs you .boot him in the chest.when he flies back kick him again. the swat him. i am not kidding. this should give him the hint. the next day do it again . or least give him evil eye the rooster has to know your king rooster.
  10. bruceh

bruceh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2012
    hanover pa
    welcome to all recent people who joined. i am in york county as well.

i would like to give best wishes to all with the storm coming. please be safe. we can get more chickens but we can't replace you.

in the morning i will be moving the 55 chickens to the secure shed for safety.

i moved from south florida for this.[​IMG] ugg.

best wishes,

bruce h

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by