Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

*wing- can't seem to find 'Hall Family Farm"..sorry, ...probably me
th.gif
, too many things going on right now.. haha. Thank you for all you help/ info., will get it figured out
look on ebay, they have pictures pf the lemon orp, i have them and believe me, they're gorgeous
tongue.png

Is it wrong that i am more stressed about losing power to my incubator, than losing power to my refrigerator??? I really am chicken cuckoo!! Not sure what to expect from this storm, all I know is that I can't control it. My kids and I are going to get some much needed snuggle time and I might even get my laundry folded. Everyone be safe!!
You are not crazy. Unless we all are.
wee.gif
bun.gif

ChickyDee, I've also been worrying about your incubator, how weird is that? Aren't you about to go in to lockdown?

Chad what IS this whipped vodka that seems to be all the rage, do you mix it, or put it over ice?

Someone on here recently had a pair of LCO. Sharron,, was that you?

DH is riding the motorcycle home from work tomorrow morning. He will be coming from Bedford, up through Johnstown (they are expecting a foot or so of water) and to Houtzdale. NOW he is listening when I tell him we are going to get a storm or three.
roll.png

IDK what to do to prep. The generator is broken, and the lawn furniture is put away. I will get the trash cans before bed. I have plenty of stuff to eat and drink, batteries for the flashlights, and oil for the lamps. Mama's Polish swears she is fine in the garage (yes, she did tell me that!). I keep checking on her, and she gives me a look, and settles back in. Maybe tomorrow she will want in the house.
Good luck to all. Keep safe.

We've spent 2 days putting lawn furniture and potted plants away, and wrapping my chicken runs in tarps to hopefully keep them dry. Some of my birds live in a building, but most of them live year round in kennel runs. They all have food & water for 3 days, plus some ear corn to pick at for entertainment. They should get through this just fine, but I'll be worried til the wind stops and I can check on them again.

Our area seems to lose power a lot, so we have a generator ready to go. Last major hurricane (whose name I forget) we were without for 5 days. I hate the noise of the generator, but I'm glad to be able to keep my freezers and the well pump going. Next on our list is a propane hot water heater.

ChickyDee, I've also been worrying about your incubator, how weird is that? Aren't you about to go in to lockdown?
Chad what IS this whipped vodka that seems to be all the rage, do you mix it, or put it over ice?
Someone on here recently had a pair of LCO. Sharron,, was that you?
Mmmmmmmm Whipped cream vodka mixed with orange juice. Mix it light and it tastes like an orange julius, mix it heavy and it's like a creamsickle drink.
big_smile.png

somad.gif
Red just attacked me a few more times. I know rain makes him uneasy, and I don't doubt the wind is putting him on edge. He MAY have seen the shininess of my cell phone ( I was talking to DH when I entered the run). He only flew to knee level, he got my shin, I kicked my leg out, he came again, I kicked him this time (not hard. Don't worry). He came into the nesting room, to see what I was doing, then left. When I was leaving, he ran out the door 9he has never done that before) and got me again. I shut the door, and caught his tail, he got loose, and tried again. Then I used the rake (which I keep handy
yesss.gif
) to get him in. He was mad enough to fight the rake, but I was using the back of it, and just pushed him along until he was in.
When you look at the learning center, it says if you are terrified of your rooster, get rid of it. I am not terrified. I just know he goes crazy sometimes. I also know he cannot be trusted with children. It then says carry him around.
My question is, do I ...
A. Kill him
B. Try once more
C. Keep doing it as necessary
D. Do it once a week no matter what
try this for a bold rooster. if he flogs you .boot him in the chest.when he flies back kick him again. the swat him. i am not kidding. this should give him the hint. the next day do it again . or least give him evil eye the rooster has to know your king rooster.

welcome to all recent people who joined. i am in york county as well.

i would like to give best wishes to all with the storm coming. please be safe. we can get more chickens but we can't replace you.

in the morning i will be moving the 55 chickens to the secure shed for safety.

i moved from south florida for this.
he.gif
ugg.

best wishes,

bruce h

Back
Top Bottom