Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    I wish I would have picked up some cabbage heads to throw in my coops, major boredom busters, but with dealing w/ everything else, I forgot.

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    its getting windy, u better get movin Bruce! [​IMG]x55

3. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Welcome to all the new comers!

I just moved my silkies up to higher ground so they don't drown. They are packed in a little tight, but I hope that at least they will stay safe!! We are bordered by 2 creeks, so flooding is a huge concern.

I just heard on the news that we could be without power for 7-10 days. I have filled everything I could find with water since we have a well.

I hope you all stay safe!

4. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania

5. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Beaglady! Havent' seen you in forever!!

Bruce, I've been wondering about your meaties in the shed, they are meaties, right? So now did you bring this Hurricane with you from FL?

Motorcycle Chick, hope DH is okay. This is NO weather for a motorcycle.

Heather, me too! on the Orps. I Got some beefy beautiful blacks!! Although I don't have a splash [​IMG]. My Black Orps did quite well at the Show in Jersey, if I can get my act together, I plan on taking them (and a pullet from a different line) to the MD show this coming weekend.

6. Chicky Dee

Chicky Dee Out Of The Brooder

Aug 21, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    I go into lockdown on Sat. This is my 2nd batch of Brahma eggs. 1st one were 0 hatch rate. I actually have some developing this time!! We don't normally lose power so I am not sure what to expect. The chickens were not happy to stay in the coop this morning but I didn't want them to blow away. I

7. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Chicky, what type of brahma?

I am working on getting a new roo for my girls. Possibly this week!

8. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    if worse comes to worse, i have used zip lock bags, fill with hot water, covered with a wash rag or towel. course you have to keep checking to make sure they don't over heat, i've used this alot raising hookbill babies from day one, i also have used a styrofoam box with the lid cracked a little bit with the zip lock filled with hot water.

9. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    no, been hanging on to what i have, just got them for the second time, a couple of months ago, the first ones, grown, just starting to lay and a blankey blank coon killed them but like i said, gorgeous, just love the color[​IMG]

10. msladyhawke

msladyhawke Poultry Connoisseur

I also have eggs in the incubator. :(
    Fortunately I found a "power inverter" to buy. I can plug the incubator into my car cigarette lighter for power with it! I found mine in the electronics section at Walmart, but Radio Shack sells them too. ;)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by