Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  3. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    yep!

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

5. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

Will you look at SEXY ...... WOW

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    right. So that is why I say he is too young to tell. On silkies, you just can't tell at this age by the comb alone.

7. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania

8. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Turn from Hen to Roo, Wingstone! Yer cracking me up! oh, and how many strikes do they get? Had my main BCM roo take a run at me this week... he's looking like soup from my perspective.

Gotta share... there are just no words for how much I love this hen. 1/2 Silkie, 1/2 who knows what and ALL attitude. My Popcorn...

[​IMG]
    She's up to 3 hatched out so far, this one looks like a pullet, right? [​IMG]

9. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Baym, I'm not sure if you've considered THIS option, but chickens are delicious. [​IMG]

Mama, re: sexing Silkies, are Streamers a definite? I thought they were, but had a woman at the MD show tell me the box of streamered silkies she was holding were pullets. I pointed out the streamers to her, but then figured...well, I guess she'll find out. Tink looks like she's snuggling that baby in the second picture. you should submit it for Picture of the Week (or whatever it's called).

Yay for Sally on rehoming puppies, will be a bitter sweet weekend for sure. Sorry, girlfriend. Oh, and my friend Sally is most definitely NOT stupid, her interesting and informative posts indicate otherwise.

10. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Well, I have yet to see a pullet with streamers, but I will never say never because as soon as I do... LOL! I swear I bought 2 8 mo old silkie pullets that 3 other breeders also said were pullets. 2 weeks later the first one crowed, followed soon after by the second. Silkies are HARD to sex! Sometimes I can tell early on oh this is for sure a roo, but most times I just have to wait, and wait, and wait. Heck I have 2 almost 4 mo old cochins that have me so confused right now. There combs and waddles are smaller than the roos and bigger than the pullets..... [​IMG]

Popcorn is most beautiful!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by