Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Baym

Baym Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    So chickens are not just my pets, they are also what's for dinner!

2. Pentamom

Pentamom Chillin' With My Peeps

you would think that be a cool option...huh?? Why not if it works for dogs?? LMAO!!

3. MegaChickens

MegaChickens Out Of The Brooder

Oct 8, 2012
    Yorker right here! [​IMG]

Anyone know anyone that will take a rooster locally? I have a Rhode Island Red, Blue Orpington, and Speckled Sussex that I need to find new homes for [​IMG] They have great tempers but I have a small flock and I didn't want any roosters originally so I need to get rid of these three before they begin to fight each other. They are about 5 months old.

4. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

Hi ~ I'm in Dover. I usually put mine on Craig's List. Sometimes I can sell them, but sometimes I have to give them away. I rehomed about 8 this summer. I am happily down to one right now. [​IMG]

5. Pentamom

Pentamom Chillin' With My Peeps

I have 4 acres. I was thinking the Royal Golden Palms or Red Bourbon.

So I had NO motivation to build this brooder today...tomorrow is another day. LOL! I was able to salvage the top of the nesting box, so at least I'll have a nice lid for them. LOL!! I'm trying SO HARD to not candle my eggs.. I want to see if they are doing anything..We don't know if they are fertile, but she has a ton of roos, so we are under the assumption that at least 50% are fertile. I read my chicken book..and this morning was so cute because my 7 year old Jordan, took my book and said he wanted to take it to school today so he could read it on his own time...(I think he meant just look at the pictures, but whatever) LOL!! He's trying to learn about them and he wants to know what he has to do. LOL!!

[​IMG]

And a little humor since I've been on a turkey kick! LMAO!!

[​IMG]

6. MegaChickens

MegaChickens Out Of The Brooder

Oct 8, 2012
    They've been on Craigslist for a while, no takers yet :/

7. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

8. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Great...now I want to raise turkeys! Ya'll are NOT helping!

Sally....I'll take some brahmas off your hands....not that I want any more chicks in the house over winter....but.....

Blarney, yup that tiny one definitely looks like a pullet....but then so did my "pullet special" speckled sussex....till he crowed.

9. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
  10. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds &amp; Bees

This time of year it seems to be harder to get rid of them. Last month I had to give away a nice pure French Black Copper Marans and a pure Ameraucana just to get rid of them. I couldn't find any buyers. I guess I could have taken them over to Roots but I figured that it would cost more in time and gas then if I just gave them away. I just "refreshed" the CL ad every 48 hours to keep the ad new.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by