Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG] Berks

3. Pentamom

Pentamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Missy, Thank You! :) I actually DO really like building those things! LOL!

4. Pentamom

Sally! Sending you all positivity!! xoxo!! Get better soon!

5. Pentamom

Then what do I do with them after the 8 weeks? The coop? 18 is a great number! :) Makes me VERY happy!![​IMG]

6. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    I forgot to say OMG I am so lost on the thread and only one day away!!!!

BTW my Roo Silver Laced Wyandotte is starting to "have fun" with the girlies!! What a mutt mix of eggs those would be to hatch!!! SLW over Barred Rock, easter eggers, RIR, all kinds brahma, jersey giants, GLW [​IMG] Also my Silkie ROMEO started crowing!! YAY he sounds horse lol he is a may baby... PLUS we are up to 7 eggs a day!!

Anyone hear from RAY?

chickencowranch we only have 48" fencing no covering, they are learning they will get eaten by the dogs if they jump over it!

Mama I have serama eggs coming monday LOL GET EGGS!!

wingstone awww more power to ya! I wish I could do it!! uggg feel for ya! So what do I need to know to put a sign out for fresh eggs??? and what should I charge (when my eggs get bigger, also are pullet eggs always to thick shelled as I get?)

Pentamom I have learned to NEVER chuck an EGG unless its OBVIOUSLY a bactieria ring/s and Unfertile (only AFTER day 14!) Also The brooder ROCKS, I love it!! I am glad I am not the only silly one that enjoys screwin with wood and being a perfectionist, I love seeing neat stuff and anything I do has to be good on the eyes!! I have a little more to add to the pallet Hinkle Haus article and I think I will submit it for the contest winter coops something or other, its only for 20 bucks in the store, but its free lol. Again... keep on cutting! Everyone thought I was nuts when I said to the doctor when they told us of the Overdose with my little guy, that they should have a measure twice cut once policy!!! and they certaily should!!! also... Then what do I do with them after the 8 weeks? The coop? you can just add a lamp CAREFULLY installed to prevent fire! also you may want to check into fermenting feed and for the chicks as I am told the poo has much much less stentch.... look up the threads on here.... its cool and I think some on our thread already do ferment feed. Plus research will help keep your hands off them eggs!! [​IMG]

Blarneyeggs Blue blue blue!!

msladyhawke DH and I are going in March

bruceh your a nice guy Bruce!!

Chad and Penta I actually saved links in re to Shrooms on my pinterest board to do shrooms!! I am a morrel hunter <3 http://pinterest.com/ssunshiner/landscaping-gardening-flowers/ look for the pins and the links will be there too!!! too awesome!

Lilbrownie awww sound so pretty!!!! I need a visual : ) my double hutch is all cleared of rabbits ready for the serama in spring! eggs come monday already!!! gotta clean these bators, they get a two day rest! he he he addicted BADDDD

7. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    when i checked a few years ago I was told I could sell off the property that they were raised on as long as meat was picked up by the person that was going to consume it, i can not carry it off the property to sell it, that is where all the above comes in, there's also a limit to how many I can sell, I think it is 1000, but I don't remember for sure.
    as far as eggs, I hear lots of different things, I do sell at a local store, I have to put them in plain cartons with a sticker of my name, address and phone number....
    before anyone sells meat you really should check with your local area, I would imagine the whole state is the same but you never know.

A room like that is in the future plans, but I am just not sure if I want to go thru all the inspections and paperwork.

8. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    sally here is a pic of the sign we made for the end of the driveway, we charge $2 a dozen...
    [​IMG]
    those numbers are changeable, when I have lots of extra's i lower the price to move them.

9. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    CUTE idea!!

10. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Missy! Hope you had fun at the party.

Motorcycle, glad your gang is getting along.

MsLadyHawke, love the new Avatar.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by