Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. MotorcycleChick

MotorcycleChick Gone quackers

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    I brought the flashlight with me to shut the coop door. I usually have a pullet or three on the floor under the roosts [​IMG]
    I wanted to be sure the squids (newbies) got inside, and settled. I thought I would have to put them on the roost along with anyone else. Went in, and everyone was roosting. All is well. I will have to keep an eye open tomorrow too, but 24 hours together, and the only blood came from Red. Might be my fault. He came after me while I had a pot in my hand. He has cut his comb before, and no one went after him. I didn't see blood on him, but there was splatter on the pot bottom. YES I feel bad. But I am pretty sure this is the last time he will try it.

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    perfect!!!! do u leave in a cooler on honor system or they come to your door?

3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    : (

4. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania

5. msladyhawke

msladyhawke Poultry Connoisseur

Is there such a thing as blue partridge? Bet that would be gorgeous!

6. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

7. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Hi guys!

The guy we bought our house from has a friend that is looking for 2 laying hens. No idea how much they are wanting to spend, but they are wanting one fairly soon and around the State College, PA area.

I got nada for them.

8. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Penta ~ This is WHAT A BROODER that is too small looks like!!! Since I am on light duty (ugg) I need to enlist hubby to make a HUGE brooder out of anything he can find tomorrow!!
    I may even use the puppies playyard since I dont have them anylonger [​IMG] BTW I cried like a freakin baby too!!!

Anyway... they move way too fast and too much, but I think the total is 14 and as you can see mostly brahma and 1 polish, 7 from Chads, and a tiny leghorn bantam and two that have leg feathers but I have NO IDEA what they are!! they are dif than the rest!! a grey and a multi color

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA

hmmmmm [​IMG]

10. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Yes there is a color that is blue partridge.

Okay................my hatch, 7 went into lock down. One pipped at the wrong end, by the time I noticed it, it had died :-( One was fully developed, buy didn't absorb the yolk, so died around 18??? So I have 5 very cute mottled cochins, 3 blue and 2 black! I will get picks tomorrow. They are sooooooooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by