Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I brought the flashlight with me to shut the coop door. I usually have a pullet or three on the floor under the roosts
sickbyc.gif

I wanted to be sure the squids (newbies) got inside, and settled. I thought I would have to put them on the roost along with anyone else. Went in, and everyone was roosting. All is well. I will have to keep an eye open tomorrow too, but 24 hours together, and the only blood came from Red. Might be my fault. He came after me while I had a pot in my hand. He has cut his comb before, and no one went after him. I didn't see blood on him, but there was splatter on the pot bottom. YES I feel bad. But I am pretty sure this is the last time he will try it.

sally here is a pic of the sign we made for the end of the driveway, we charge $2 a dozen...

those numbers are changeable, when I have lots of extra's i lower the price to move them.
perfect!!!! do u leave in a cooler on honor system or they come to your door?

I brought the flashlight with me to shut the coop door. I usually have a pullet or three on the floor under the roosts
sickbyc.gif

I wanted to be sure the squids (newbies) got inside, and settled. I thought I would have to put them on the roost along with anyone else. Went in, and everyone was roosting. All is well. I will have to keep an eye open tomorrow too, but 24 hours together, and the only blood came from Red. Might be my fault. He came after me while I had a pot in my hand. He has cut his comb before, and no one went after him. I didn't see blood on him, but there was splatter on the pot bottom. YES I feel bad. But I am pretty sure this is the last time he will try it.
: (

Quote: we have a cooler, but most are regulars and come looking for someone anyway, and they just like to see the birds. some of the older folks bring treats for them like sunflower seeds or tomatoes.
How wonderful.... I wonder what the liability would be to allow visits from "special kids and people" that could gain from visiting the flock, even just to have one sit on lap...... I would love to have a few visits, I have a friend who has two Fragile X syndrome girls and they adore it here, and I also find that even the ADD boys I watch have a very calming experience just feeding them clover from the grass!

Hi guys!

The guy we bought our house from has a friend that is looking for 2 laying hens. No idea how much they are wanting to spend, but they are wanting one fairly soon and around the State College, PA area.

I got nada for them.

Penta ~ This is WHAT A BROODER that is too small looks like!!! Since I am on light duty (ugg) I need to enlist hubby to make a HUGE brooder out of anything he can find tomorrow!!
I may even use the puppies playyard since I dont have them anylonger
hit.gif
BTW I cried like a freakin baby too!!!

Anyway... they move way too fast and too much, but I think the total is 14 and as you can see mostly brahma and 1 polish, 7 from Chads, and a tiny leghorn bantam and two that have leg feathers but I have NO IDEA what they are!! they are dif than the rest!! a grey and a multi color

Yes there is a color that is blue partridge.

Okay................my hatch, 7 went into lock down. One pipped at the wrong end, by the time I noticed it, it had died :-( One was fully developed, buy didn't absorb the yolk, so died around 18??? So I have 5 very cute mottled cochins, 3 blue and 2 black! I will get picks tomorrow. They are sooooooooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom