Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    [​IMG]

Sally, this is a bad pic, but the one sitting on the ramp and the 2 in the front of the doorway (sitting facing out) are all speckled sussex...best way I can explain them is brown/white kinda like barred rocks...but my speckled sussex have green in there too.

Congrats on the POW!

Click to see the pic bigger, it makes it easier!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  2. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Penta, how to ship to NJ, put in your car and go for a drive! LOL

As to the organic feed...check with your local feed mill. Sooo much cheaper than Purina's "organic"

3. jcf3202

jcf3202 Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, in January started out with 3 Barred Rocks, 2 Partridge Rocks and 2 Golden Sex Links. This spring during Tractor Supply's Chick Days we got 4 Dekalb Amber Links (at least that's what the sign on the bin said) and 2 Production Reds. On another trip to Tractor Supply we came home with 11 Easter Eggers. Unfortunately the EE's were straight run and 7 of them turned out to be roos! I have a 4 year old and the boys had to go. I couldn't take the chance they might get mean. So anyways, to make a long story short, started out with 7 in January and by April had 23. Now I'm down to 17.
    [​IMG]

I do love the green and blue eggs the EEs give me!

4. NewToFarming

NewToFarming Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    Thanks for the welcomes! You guys sure are talkative! [​IMG] I will have to post some pictures of some of my flock. I understand I am fairly close to some of you on here. I moved into an old farmhouse in Pine Grove.

5. Pentamom

Pentamom Chillin' With My Peeps

I may have to do that. Though my closest customer is 2 hours away-lOL!!

6. Pentamom

Pentamom Chillin' With My Peeps

I hear that tractor supply and agway ( I think it's the name) sell eggs. My tractor supply doesn't sell eggs. :-(

7. NewToFarming

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    Does anyone know if knockout is available within the Pine Grove area? My guys love that stuff and they are going through withdrawal from it! [​IMG]

8. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    I cant really see them well enough, but I love your mix, all mixed up like my happy hens, ceptin you gots tiny ones in there! They dont pick on them seabrights? I think they are seabrights no??? I can tell you I like the one girl headed up the plank with the black head rusty bod and bluish underneith of her!!!

9. NewToFarming

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    Ok, gonna post a couple of pictures of some of my flock.

This is Lenny and his son Sargent. One of my projects is salmon turkens. The boys are getting there.

[​IMG]

These 2 are the puff daddies. They raised a chick together and the chick was the most well adjusted chick I ever had! I should let them raise all the chicks! Rambo is in the background.

[​IMG]

Sasha

[​IMG]

Camile

[​IMG]

Mini Me

[​IMG]

My favorite Roo Rocky. He is a silkie/leghorn mix

[​IMG]

10. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by