Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Pentamom, you have asked twice, so I will give it a shot, and answer you (it is too easy to see a post, and forget to respond). My understanding is that the chick can stay in the incubator for a day, maybe two. Then they are about to get hungry, so put them in the brooder. Keep in mind that the single chick will not do well all alone. It is a social creature, and it needs others to snuggle with. So either carry it around (cover it with a washcloth like a baby in a blanket) or let it stay where it is.
hide.gif
I would be carrying it around. Sooooo cute!

th.gif
I am telling you, Sally had not responded when I started typing. That is the second time that has happened to me in a week!
Thank you, Sally. I was about to PM you, and ask you to answer her correctly (I don't incubate ... yet).

I have b/b/s Ameraucana, Cochin, Orpington, Silver Laced Wyandotte, Naked Necks, Sumatras, Blue Andalusians, all LF. I also have bantam Cochins, Silver Laced, and Mottled. I don't have roosters in every breed. I have Ameraucana, Cochin, Orpington, SLW, and bantam Cochin roosters. I have probably 100, counting the chicks I have too.
Wow! You sound like my friend! LOL! She has like 100 chickens. I love them all! LOL!!

Thank You!! :) No more yet! This little baby is actually a day early! LOL! Tomorrow is the official hatch date! So we'll see what happens. I have a brooder for my office (plastic tote) that I want to keep them in for a while before they graduate to the big brooder I made. So when can this little baby move into the plastic tote?

Don't open the bator to move her until hatching is over. They can survive for 72 hours without food or water. I know it is hard, but be strong!

LMAO!!! will you be interested in any of these LF Gold Laced Cochin in the bator? I think you need more! oh whats a
blue andalusian?

Sorry, no GLW here. I stick within a certain color realm. Or I would just go crazy nuts! I always want more chickens, trying to find something interesting for NYHatchalong. A Blue Andalusian is a Mediterranean breed that comes from Spain. They lay white eggs, and they are part of my blue lacing project for the Ameraucanas, so are the Orps, and SLW. I love these breeds, but my heart is forever Ameraucana! Here is a pic of a BA, these are not mine. They are from Spain, they are the prime example of the breed!

What I do know!
#1, I should stop posting. 3 in a row is too much.
#2, The sand is drying, so much easier and faster to scoop poop.
#3, I have learned that 18 chickens poop a LOT more than ten!!
sickbyc.gif

#4, The blue tarp that I put under the sand needs to be cut or staples to the wall better. The chickens keep getting poop in the folds at night. I shake the poop out but that is going to get old fast.
I really am liking the sand. It is more work, but if I had a poop board like a lot of you (?) I would have been cleaning poop daily anyway. This is much cleaner, and I do think it has a lot of benefits. Sand makes a better dust bath than wood chips for one! Grit is already there, and any food spilled on the floor (from the hens running from the roosters) can be seen, and picked up. No wasted food!

Awwwww He is a CHIP off the old block!!
LOL!! For sure!!
Pentamom, you have asked twice, so I will give it a shot, and answer you (it is too easy to see a post, and forget to respond). My understanding is that the chick can stay in the incubator for a day, maybe two. Then they are about to get hungry, so put them in the brooder. Keep in mind that the single chick will not do well all alone. It is a social creature, and it needs others to snuggle with. So either carry it around (cover it with a washcloth like a baby in a blanket) or let it stay where it is.
hide.gif
I would be carrying it around. Sooooo cute!
Can I snuggle in bed with it?? LOL!! I love this little baby SO much!!! Are you kidding me!? All these kids were DROOLING to hold it this morning!! This chick will not be hurting for attention! LOL!!
Some move when fluffed up, I like to see them standing and not hanging on knees, then I know its safe for them... Dont forget, make sure your brooder is the right temp, below 95 will kill them, and youll wonder why in a day or two some are dead!! I like my brooder at 98 at one end at ALL TIMES for the first week and then 95 then next week and 90 next!

Since I keep mine in that warmth I add a little lid with marbles and save a chick and papertowel on floor with some starter crushed between my fingers on the towel....
It is partially fluffy, just on it's butt is not fluffy and walking around. Actually it hit the hot part of the incubator and burned himself. LOL!! Very active and walking around a lot, then lays down to take a nap. LOL! as you can see, it likes to sleep on the thermostat. LOL!

LOL! He also seems to like the washcloths I put in there. LOL! I'm heating up the brooder now and I think I got it at 99.5 just nice. Everytime he hears or senses I'm peeking on him, he perks up and chirps at me....so darn cute!!

Back
Top Bottom