Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I think I mentioned here that my Copper Marans pullet pen were eating most of their eggs for a while. Every day, the nesting material was gummed up with the remains of the eggs. I got so frustrated I removed the nest boxes so at least I wouldn't have to keep cleaning them.
That fixed it! Getting lots of very dirty eggs, but not seeing any more evidence of egg eating. Maybe the dark eggs on the dark soil confuse them?

I think I mentioned here that my Copper Marans pullet pen were eating most of their eggs for a while. Every day, the nesting material was gummed up with the remains of the eggs. I got so frustrated I removed the nest boxes so at least I wouldn't have to keep cleaning them.
That fixed it! Getting lots of very dirty eggs, but not seeing any more evidence of egg eating. Maybe the dark eggs on the dark soil confuse them?

I had an egg eater in my main coop. I knew who she was but loved her so much I didn't do much about it. Lately, she was getting obsessive about it so I seperated her. My egg count sky rocketed! Lucky for her, she found a home that she's being welcomed in as a pet, even knowing that she eats eggs lol

Are you hatching any bantys? Still interested in mottled cochins or frizzled.
The few eggs from the mottled pen have not been fertile. I have about 5 eggs from the lavender pen due to hatch this weekend. Last hatch I had 2, but they did not compete well with the bigger chicks and both died.
I did not set any bantam eggs last night. The demand is for good laying breeds, and cochins don't measure up.

The few eggs from the mottled pen have not been fertile. I have about 5 eggs from the lavender pen due to hatch this weekend. Last hatch I had 2, but they did not compete well with the bigger chicks and both died.
I did not set any bantam eggs last night. The demand is for good laying breeds, and cochins don't measure up.
Please tell those mottled cochin boys to get to work.

Back
Top Bottom