Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Ooh I wanna see pics!! So happy you got more pullets then Roos!!
Welcome, Berks county here
Ok so if you feed your roosters the layer feed you are killing them?? Cause mine eat the same feed! Trying to do the best by my chickens. Was wondering if you could send me a pic of the ingredients in this feed that you say is great. I know I have never said before but I have connections with a feed mill in the area and may be able to get the food made at a better price for everyone. Would love to find a food they don't waste!!! So into making up a new formula that would be great for all. So if you wanna pm me we can try to work this out!!

I want to say that it's my opinion, about the roosters and the calcium. It is an opinion shared by a lot of people. A regular layer feed is meant to keep your hens alive, and produce eggs. When you are breeding, or need your chickens in "bloom" for show, you need to give them different nutrition then what is in a layer feed.

http://www.admani.com/Poultry/Poultry Pen Pals Meat Maker.htm

Ok, here are the Mottled Cochin Bantams in black, one boy one girl.

Heather, I think she wanted you to elaborate on the barley in bags in the water. Why do you do it (i know you said it cuts down on slime...but why?) and how much barley in how big a bag? In metal waterers or just plastic? How often do you have to change it out? Do you feed the barley to the chickens?

Heather, I think she wanted you to elaborate on the barley in bags in the water. Why do you do it (i know you said it cuts down on slime...but why?) and how much barley in how big a bag? In metal waterers or just plastic? How often do you have to change it out? Do you feed the barley to the chickens?
yep!! Sorry I wan't clear about what I was asking.

Babies are gorgeous, btw!!

It is gonna be hard to find organic feed that isn't high in price since the only way you can be organic is if the whole mill is organic and that is difficult! Supp there is a Mennonite person in Berks that has organic but he is not certified so he could be telling you one thing and doing another! JMO if you aren't doing ALL organic for you and your family and I mean everything you eat then y do it for your chickens? Just wondering how others feel not trying to step on anyone's feelings

Back
Top Bottom