Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. immyjay54

immyjay54 Songster

Feb 20, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    I'm just outside of Uniontown towards a little town called Fairchance. Almost at the foot of the Summit Mountain. I could be at the Fayette County Fairgrounds in about 15 minutes. I showed horses for 30+ years and showed a lot at Bullskin Fairgrounds. lol

2. Never heard of anyone doing it on purpose, but would be difficult to contain due to their large tunnel system. Legality may be questionable, as well.
    If you want to try, feel free to come live trap some here and my neighbor, glad to give you some healthy starters! And we aren't far away!

3. Ray from PA

Ray from PA Chirping

thanks Heather,,,, sounds like a great feeding program, and as usual, you've obviously done your homework. Thanks for sharing.
    I'd love to see photos of your Cochins,,,,, got anything recent to post ???

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    RAY!! I should have helped that MARAN!!! ugggggg it never pipped so I candled and it was internal and its too late!! he was dead [​IMG] Big beautiful SPLASH too!!!! I think he was too big!!! he was all sticky too......

Harmony has 4 Serama resting so far!!! YAY I will candle that other one later and see what up with it, one looked half empty and saddle air cell, prob got stuck : ( but they are cute and YELLOW so now she will have 2 blacks and 4 yellow Serama peepers!!!

YAYAYAYA

oh one gold laced is pipping!! it looks black anyway lol

5. mama2my4

mama2my4 Songster

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
  6. missydcpc

missydcpc Songster

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  7. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

8. NewToFarming

NewToFarming Songster

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    I have not need to use a bator in over 2 years. My girls are so much better at hatching than I am! My poor girl is still brooding coal every night when I come home and each night I put her back in the coop. I might soon give in and give her a few eggs. I pity her having to sit on coal every day!

9. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Crowing

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

Yup. As in Triple antibiotic ointment. When that membrane is all dry n nasty, stuck to their fuzz, I put antibiotic ointment on it. Also for when you're peeling shell n they start to bleed, helps stop the bleeding.

10. sharron

sharron Songster

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    been thru fairchance alot going to morgantown way. used to go to the horse shows, many many years ago lol, now all i have in the horse depart. is mini's but i love them. maybe we've met at the fairgrounds, we always go, haven't missed one in many years, even on my death bed will be there come the 3rd sunday lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by