Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    That is awesome Penta! I'm sure your boys will be thrilled!

2. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Wow! Fluffy butts at Penta's house

Mrspurdy moving up into my stomping grounds up there...yep still have two daughters that live in South Williamsport.

Sgt.Mom!....Good to see you pop in [​IMG]

Lots going on today! Kids and than was at the hospital working this evening. Have eggs in lockdown and when I candled I saw feet! WOO HOOO!
    Lost one of the FBCM pullets from Bruce. Speaking of Bruce! Talked to him tonight and he will be back online on Wednesday. He lost all his wellies that he had. Oppusum killed 2 and the third he believes didn't snuggle close enough to the others and froze. I'm still on the hunt for marans and gonna look for some wellie eggs and see if I can get Bruce a few again. And I am really growing on the quail idea! Bobwhites and Cots.

BLARNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That lil guy ...HE STARTED TO CROW TODAY!!!!!!!

Update on the rest....Have a heap of wee ones growing up. The blue splash marans looks to be a lil pullet to be. Gonna have a really really nice barred rock roo too.

Ollie the amerauna roo that has made his place around my casa is on a short trip to freezer camp unless someone wants to try and rehabilitate the bugger.

The Bobwhites are doing well. Still need to find some more hens to go with the boys. Having 4 males and 3 females just doesn't add up.

Working on some wicked new breeding pens and besides that all not much lol.

Have a Great Christmas everyone! I have all my daddy's girls in house tonight and they will be waking daddy up in a few hours. So I suppose I should go to bed lol.
    Night All And have a very Merry Christmas!

3. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
  4. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

Missy, Did you ever finish wrapping? I've got one more to wrap...

Penta!! THAT was amazing!

LilMissPurdy, bummed that you're moving.

Chad, Was really good to hear some news about Bruce, thank you for the update, so sad about his Wellies.

5. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    So sorry for you loss! Do you know what happened?

6. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    Can't remember everything I just read but will try

So sorry for the loses sally and bruce
    misspurdy will still be a neighbor just a little farther, we need a second map (missy) for area's that we frequently go to, for instance we have a small cabin in milroy just outside of the state park, ,,nothing fancy but I try to spend time there over the summer, anyone in that area,
    Penta, great job on the hatch and love the christmas pictures
    Blarney great family photo, love the red wall I have never been able to try that all my walls are white

Don't mind me today, I will most likely talk to myself on here, just check in now and then to say hi!,,,,not sure what to do with myself, went to bed last night at 8 just because I could but I have been up since 3 am, Hubby is doing feeding so I do not even have to get dressed but I did, habit I guess, just didn't seem normal to not get dressed....This day off is a little late for me since the holiday was sat but Hey I will take it.

7. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA

We are right outside of State College, so you won't be far from us! We head up to Berks and Carbon Co every so often, too.

8. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

Merry Christmas to all this morning!!

Wingstone, I like your idea of a 'second map' for other places we frequent. I do a LOT of traveling through the central and western part of the state for many reasons. We camp in Erie and Southern Elk County from spring through fall, I am at my Mom's farm (Southern Clarion Co) at least twice a month through the year... I have no problem picking up/dropping off/being delivery service if any folks need things or even chickens or eggs hauled in between. I am not as restricted as many folks since it's just the SO and I here now most of the time. Our dogs travel with us (and usually one of our cats too!)

9. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Merry Christmas all! Happy Belated Solstice Wing and Mama? (did I get that one right?)

Bruce, sorry your wellies got taken! I lost one of the boys the other day, so I'm down to the pullet and 1 cockerel, after losing the other boy, I brought them back in the house and put them back in the brooder...not the ideal solution...but I decided I wanted them in for a few more weeks.

Blarney, I finally at about 1:30 wrapped the last one I planned on wrapping....well...for Christmas Day...still have some for step-son and dil, but since we won't see them till sometime in January...I didn't need to do it last night. Also left almost all the clothes boxes unwrapped...seriously, kids don't care.

10. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Thanks Missy.

I just wanted to let everyone know, just in case anyone was wondering....

Staring at eggs will not make them hatch any faster!!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by