Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    That's why I've invited 3 couples over to celebrate New Years Day with us...I figure with all the friends in the house, I won't be paying attention to the incubator!;) Yeah right!

2. Pentamom

Pentamom Chillin' With My Peeps

I am sorry to announce that my mothers stupid sneaky dog~(who she was not paying attention to I might add) KILLED all of our newborns. All 4 are DEAD. Needless to say, my mother and her stupid dog are not here, My wonderful(sad) husband had to bury 4 baby chicks and I am dealing with 5 traumatized children. She pushed her way through the brooder door (the door was closed when I saw her in there) and she ate them all.

My mother and I are not on speaking terms right now...she was too busy yakking it up with her boyfriends and crap in my office. her responsibility was to watch that dog especially because the dog has been trying to get to those chicks the whole time she was here.

Hope you have a merry christmas...right now, my santa's wish is that those other 6 hatch today...

3. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Oh Penta! How heartbreaking! I am so sorry!!!

4. NewToFarming

NewToFarming Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    I am so very sorry! Give those kids a hug. [​IMG]

5. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Hey Guys!

Wing! Enjoy it...these days off are awsome! Had a snowball fight and included Ollie the miserable roo. Now hes a lil shy of snowballs lol.

Penta I'm sorry about the wee ones.

mama....Nope they don't hatch by watching them...yep tried to do that myself .

[​IMG] that the wee ones hatch all on their own today is the start of what should be a few days of hatching.

OH and on another note....when you have made your drinks yep plural...a word of advice....STAY AWAY FROM EBAY! I woke up this morning and had a half dozen bid confirmations for eggs lol.

6. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

OMG! SO sorry Penta! I can't imagine how frustrated/mad/upset you are right now!
    I'm hoping the others hatch today also, the kids need a bit of cheer now.
    I hate hearing of all of these losses around Christmas... I know it's inevitable when you have animals, but knowing that sure doesn't make it suck any less!
    Fingers crossed that the others hatch out well!!! [​IMG]

7. Pngzv

Pngzv Out Of The Brooder

hello from zelienople,butler county,pa

8. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

oh boy! [​IMG]
    so just what all are you getting?? I have never bought from EBay, but may have to this week to get some eggs for our broody (who still won't give up, so we are giving up and giving her some eggs)

9. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    So chad did you win any of them ???

fisherlady check here before you buy eggs one of us just might have what you want.

10. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Welcome! Jump right in, we are a chatty bunch!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by