Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Just got done butchering my turkey. :( She had so much blood in that leg, all clotted up. The bones that come down to the vent area, those thin ones, were both busted off at the tips. Her sternum was bruised to hell. He did a lot more damage to her than I knew. :(

Just got done butchering my turkey. :( She had so much blood in that leg, all clotted up. The bones that come down to the vent area, those thin ones, were both busted off at the tips. Her sternum was bruised to hell. He did a lot more damage to her than I knew. :(

Aww...I'm sorry for your loss...maybe he needs to go on a massive diet before you let him near any of the other girls.

Just got done butchering my turkey.
sad.png
She had so much blood in that leg, all clotted up. The bones that come down to the vent area, those thin ones, were both busted off at the tips. Her sternum was bruised to hell. He did a lot more damage to her than I knew.
sad.png
OMG betta!! awwwww poor girl

It's still hard to believe the damage that was done to her. It was like someone THREW her off the porch or something! I know nobody would, and everything points right to that tom. He's my baby, but certainly too rough on them apparently. He's NOT a big bird either. He weighs less than the hens do!

Has anyone here done the NPIP testing, or any other testing? I'm looking at how much it's going to cost. I'd like to get everyone tested before we move, just in case.

Chad has been posting information on getting the certification to test your chickens yourself, which is what I find that most people do. The typical CPT Course (Certified Poultry Tech) teaches a bit about Biosecurity and then everything you need to know to get your License. The courses that Chad set up include a lecture on Animal Husbandry given by 2 of the top Poultry Docs in the state, I highly recommend going if you can, the next one is on March 7th.

I've heard from other BYCers that they were quoted an outrageous amount of money to get a tech out and bleed their birds. Here in Chester County there are NO techs and so I had to get my license to help our 4H so they could show. I find it a bit stressful, or perhaps I just stink at it, but I would DEFINITELY pay someone $50 to come test my flock rather than do it myself..

Back
Top Bottom