Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I told Mama the other day, the only project I'm working on is Yard Candy. I have a VERY mixed up flock, but my yard sure does look pretty when you drive by!
big_smile.png

I started out that way. EEs, BOs, BAs, BLRWs, Dellies, RSLs, Amberlinks, GL Sebrights, OEGBs, Silkies, SSs, LF & Bantam Cochins, Blue/Splash Wyandottes, BRs, JGs.... Now I know more and decided to specialize. Oh well. If I had to do over, I think I would have stuck with the fun flock. But, I do like the organization and challenge of breeding towards a goal, too.

I started out that way. EEs, BOs, BAs, BLRWs, Dellies, RSLs, Amberlinks, GL Sebrights, OEGBs, Silkies, SSs, LF & Bantam Cochins, Blue/Splash Wyandottes, BRs, JGs.... Now I know more and decided to specialize. Oh well. If I had to do over, I think I would have stuck with the fun flock. But, I do like the organization and challenge of breeding towards a goal, too.

Someone has to have the discipline to do it. Without people like you, we'd just have a world of little chicken mutts running around. Don't get me wrong, I love my mutts, but it's also nice to KNOW what's gonna come out of the egg too. LOL!
jumpy.gif

I'd be more apt to swoon over those Cochins if more of them were bantams. I did the LF thing and decided they weren't for me. I am still after good blues and blacks. Heck, I'll take splashes if I have to. I have a single black cockerel and a single blue pullet who is very, very tiny.

Blarneyeggs - I just noticed you have Nigerian Dwarfs! I decided to keep mine. I set up a temporary solution to her escaping. So, that means I need another goat to keep her happy.

Nettie:

She's becoming quite a sweetheart. I still can't get the rest of that darn auction number sticker off her head! About 1/4 of it remains. She won't let me touch it and for a while after I tried getting it off, she wouldn't let me touch her head at all. I have a buck on standby when she goes in heat, but I have no idea how old she is.
She is adorable!
Hello guys, I was wandering around craigslist when I ran across this

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/grd/3622275117.html

I had to show you guys, it gave me a laugh!
gig.gif
I wonder if this person is on BYC...
You know...I have to say that ad is outstanding! I love it! Really has a good sales pitch to go along with the free roo
lau.gif
Who the Hell needs a guardian dog with a roo like that running around. He probably eats grit and shyts bullets on the side LOL

I am itching for a new breed or color of bird. I am considering tolbunt Polish, Citron sebrights or hamburgs, partridge, columbian or blrw, light/cinnamon sussex or another Orpington color (have chocolate, blue and black). Then I am reminded that I am no further on my other projects and stop thinking about a new breed.

Me too!! Although I think the 3 projects I have going should last me a little bit, LOL!!
I miss a few days and BAM! a novel is born before my eyes..
ep.gif
Hi everyone! ....I think i have chicks coming out of my ears...A new coop is in the planning as we speak, just waiting for a warm day to start lugging the wood up to build it,

OMGoodness Ole! I cannot wait to get all of the chicks out of my basement!!!! Going to have hubby building a bunch of stuff this spring!

I told Mama the other day, the only project I'm working on is Yard Candy. I have a VERY mixed up flock, but my yard sure does look pretty when you drive by!
big_smile.png

You know, I think that way is SO much less stressful!

I was talking to a cochin breeder last night and he was saying how 1 coon wiped out 2 years worth of work....

Quote: Send them to me, I'll find a place for them...the birds, not just the feathers!
droolin.gif

Funny thing about it is that when I first got into fly tying, I was eyeing up the fluffy feathers on a few of our birds...so I said to fisherlady "go get the scissors"...when she came back with them I was holding a hen under my arm with her butt sticking out and said to fisherlady "clip a few of these really fluffy ones, I have a plan for them"...of course I got the "WHAAAAT - you're crazy" stare.
ep.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
lau.gif
It wasn't all that bad. I was cold, and used snow/ice to stop the bleeding. I didn't really even feel it until I came in the house. By then the initial pain had worn off. I now know to be more careful with the screwdriver. Nails happen. I am proud of screwing my finger.
hide.gif
No comment on how that sounds.
OMG

I am itching for a new breed or color of bird. I am considering tolbunt Polish, Citron sebrights or hamburgs, partridge, columbian or blrw, light/cinnamon sussex or another Orpington color (have chocolate, blue and black). Then I am reminded that I am no further on my other projects and stop thinking about a new breed.
LAV Orphs!

Back
Top Bottom